Chapter 2 - Jason

A/N: Hi guys. I won't be doing Jason's POV too often. I decided to do this chapter in his POV to give you an understanding early on of his personality and how he views Kat, so you can infer in later chapters why he says or does certain things.

Jason's POV

Do we have to go the club tonight? I mean I know its one of the pack's biggest income streams but do I really need to go there?

According to Nick, my annoying best friend and Beta, it was necessary for me to show face to ward away any troublemaking rogues who thought to make an appearance, as the club was in neutral territory, and to make the pack members who work at the club feel appreciated and acknowledged. I understood his reasoning but I hated clubs and Lupa was no exception, even though I owned it.

Stepping into the club that night, I could feel that my wolf was on edge for some reason. He was pacing up and down in agitation, giving me the almost undeniable urge to start walking around to see if anything was amiss. I ignored the feeling and went up to my office to carry out my usual checks from up there before speaking to the employees.

Half an hour later, I growled in annoyance and decided to just follow my wolf's urges, knowing damn well that I would never get any work completed if I didn't give in to him. He usually wasn't very insistent about things like this and I trusted his instincts so I just went with it. I ran into Nick, Adrian and Caleb on my way to the club's main floor and we decided to grab a drink to blend in with the crowd. Adrian and Caleb were trusted warriors of the pack. Nearing the bar, I could feel my wolf going crazy and as I turned the corner, the most amazing scent filled the air, making me almost stumble in shock at the realisation that I had found my mate.

I looked directly at her, taking in her beautiful wavy auburn locks, flawless creamy skin and curvy form draped in pink lace, thanking Luna for blessing me with such a perfect mate, before I registered her smoothly moving back to block the punch aimed at her head before extending her right arm and swinging with some force.

I started moving towards her and the soon to be corpse that was attacking my mate, all the while trying to control my wolf who was chomping at the bit to tear his teeth into the idiot. I growled low in my throat, fury enveloping me at the fact that someone dared try to harm what's mine. I stepped in front of her, trying to ignore her alluring scent while grabbing the pathetic fist that had been aimed at my beauty's head. I almost wish this guy was a werewolf so I could punish him properly, but knowing he was human, I had to rein in my anger and the urge to gut him like a fish.

I growled and squeezed my hand slightly, smirking in satisfaction at the pitiful whimper that escaped his throat.

"Why don't you apologise to the lovely lady and piss off before I turn you into a eunuch, you little wimp..." I growled, allowing my eyes to turn black just to scare the moron.

He shook like a leaf while staring into my soulless eyes and turned his gaze to the girl my mate was trying to block from his view. He apologised and I shoved him away, expecting him to leave. Being the idiot that he was though, he decided to glare at my mate as if he would be coming back for her.

"DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING LOOK AT HER, you worthless piece of shit!!! Don't talk to her. Don't breathe in her direction. Do you understand me!?" I seethed at him. He bowed his head and apologised again before scampering away like the coward that he was.

Hmph. Damn straight, fuckwad.

I waited until I was certain he had actually left the club and then turned around in time to see Nick approaching the girls behind me. I growled and him and bared my canines in warning.