The Life of the Party

Friday,my favorite day of the week. 3 o'clock, my favorite time of day. Once the bell rang, I left that boring classroom in a flash. No one could stop me. Suddenly, I ran into Sarabeth, my best friend. "Hey, calm yourself. Dylan's party doesn't start until 6:00. You still have three hours." she said. I replied, "I know. But, I need to get ready." "You just want to look good for Ryan. You know it is meant to be. You're the popular girl. He's the popular guy. I bet that he is gonna ask you out tonight." "I sure hope so."

I was walking home, minding my own business, and Dylan came up behind me. He said, " Hey, are you excited about my Neon Party Tonight?" "Yeah. I hope the cops don't show up this time." "Well the neighbors that called the cops moved out last week." "Awesome!" "So anyway, what slow song and normal song do you want to request?" "I like 'Say You Won't Let Go' by James Arthur and 'Living on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi." "Perfect! See you soon!" I waved him goodbye. Dylan is my other best friend. I went home, took a shower, curled my hair, did my makeup, and put on a teal cocktail dress. I showed my older sister, Amanda, and she gave me some small applause. I gave her a twirl and bowed for her.

It was about 5:45. I put on my nude heels, grabbed my teal purse, and took my phone. I jumped into my red jeep. I drove to Sarabeth's house and knocked on her door. She came out with a beautiful pink sundress with matching pink heels. She jumped into the jeep and I drove to Dylan's house. He opened the door and gave us a big hug. His house is actually, a mansion. It had a beautiful  modern interior. There was a dance floor and a DJ. A ton of people were already dancing.

Two hours went by. People were drunk, making out, and dancing. I walked around, passing bedrooms. I imagined that people were already having sex. I went back to the dance floor. and I was horrified. I saw Ryan and Sarabeth making out. I turned the corner and ran into Dylan. I was dizzy. I blacked out.

I woke up on the couch. Sarabeth and Dylan were talking over me. I was still in a daze, but I slightly sat up. I punched Sarabeth in the face and I fainted again.

I was slightly awake, but still asleep. I felt someone carrying me. I heard voices. Ryan said, "I'll take her to the bedroom." "Okay, but I'm not watching her." replied Sarabeth. "I'll watch her." Dylan said.

I woke up in a bedroom. I sat up and saw Dylan sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked up and said, "You're awake! Are you okay?" I nodded. I could still hear music downstairs. It was only 10 o'clock. Dylan all of a sudden gave me a hug. "I was worried about you." he said. I felt hot tears rolled down my face. I said, "Get Sarabeth." Five minutes later, she walked into the room. "You!" I screamed. "You already have Jake! Why did you stab me in the back?!!" She didn't respond and ran out often room. I ran after her, but all of a sudden Dylan grabbed my arm. He pulled me into a kiss. His lips were warm and sweet. I didn't push him away. When we finished I felt my tears on my face, cold on my burning hot face.

Monday, I went to my friend Erin. " Do you want to be my new best friend?" I asked. "Of course!"she replied. We linked arms and walked to class. At lunch, Sarabeth was walking my way. I turned away from her. I saw Ryan walking toward me. I turned away. Erin and I sat at a table with my squad. Sarabeth walked up to the table. I called to Eliza from across the cafeteria. "Come, sit!" I yelled. She walked over and took the last seat. Sarabeth, in awe, walked away. 

That night I went home, determined to end my friendship with Sarabeth. I got every item that reminded me of her. I printed and deleted every picture of her. I deleted all of our conversations and unfriended her on every social media outlet. I deleted her number. I put everything into a box and put it into the dark, back corner of the basement. I locked it and left it down there. I put the key inside a jewelry box, while waiting for it to be forgotten. She was dead to me now.