4

I walk down the beach side, looking at all of the Pokémon playing around by the shore. I could make out a Rockruff and a Wingull looking at each other.

The Rockruff begins to chase the Wingull and the bird started to fly away, shrinking as he went in this distance. I laugh at the Pokémon's interactions as I continue walking.

I see a girl sitting under a palm tree, drawing quietly in a pad of paper. That's Lillie alright. I know she was going to be surprised to have company, so I had to make sure I don't startle her.

Well that was the plan until I stepped on a twig, causing a harsh snap!

Lillie jumped up and clamped her pad to her chest as she looked at me fearfully.

"It's okay, I come in peace." I say dorkily as she gives me a faint smile. I sit down next to her as she eases her posture.

"Where's Pikachu?" She asks, immediately noticing the absence of my partner from my shoulder.

"I left him with Mallow and her friends. You probably wouldn't want to see him anyway would you?" I say, regretting it instantly as she looks down sadly.

"They told you didn't they. I don't get why they worry about me." She says in a barely audible whisper. I look at her, shocked by her comment.

"That's not anything to feel ashamed of you know. You can't control your phobia. And they worry because your sitting here alone. They care about you Lillie." I say honestly. Remembering how serious they got once I mentioned her name. They stuck up for her completely. If only she knew that.

"But even if I can't control it, that's still my fault. I'm me and I bother people." She says, now aggravating me due to how bad those jack asses made her feel.

"They bother you, they don't care. Come back to break with me Lillie. If one of them says a word I'll give them a piece of my mind." I say, practically fantasizing of putting Scott Carter in a headlock.

   "I don't know if I'm ready for that. Maybe someday though." She says looking to the side as I calm down.

   "That's okay. Sorry if I got intimidating, I just hate to see people picking on others. " I say, calming down as I look to see what she was drawing. "That's really good!" I say as I see a near perfect sketch of the beach. I could even see she drew the Rockruff and Wingull I saw on the way here.

   "Thanks. I've always like drawing." She says as she sits back and looks at the beach. "I think that Rockruff found a new Wingull to chase. Good thing I'm not a Wingull cause I'm really slow."

   "You don't look that slow. I'm sure your an okay speed." I say looking at her. "I can run up to 20 miles per hour at top speed so take it from me, you have a good build for running."

   "I guess I better start practicing then." She says as she looks me in the eyes. "Ash. Promise me you'll never tell anyone I did this."

   "Do what?" I ask, though before I could finish she had given me a tight hug.

   She held onto me for a couple seconds and then let's go and looks away.

   "Sorry. I don't know why I did that. I guess I just really haven't had a friend in so long."

   "Well those days are over Lillie. It's okay." I say standing up. "Besides, I kind of liked it." I say devilishly, making her blush furiously.

   "I'm going back to break, see you around Lil." I say waving.