Chapter One

To my very first critic, Stacey. Thank you for your very funny comments on the first draft of this "novel". :)

To Agnes, Jayra, and Andrew, who read the un-proofread version of this, thank you for laughing at the "bada bing bada boom" part and kind of acting out the scenes.

Here we go...

Comment, vote, and become a fan.

Hastag #STCNBR. Tweet me @louxella :)

Chapter One

He probably saw me walk down the stairs and into the kitchen.

When I entered, someone poked my back and I let out a little screech and squirmed.

"Relax!" He said, putting his hands up. "It's just me."

I looked at the person and realized it was him. My best friend's brother and my boy best friend (who I haven't seen in a while). He was the hottest eleventh grade student ever and I wasn't exaggerating. I mean, the football quarterback, prom prince, Student Council VP, and straight-A student morphed into a tall, blue-eyed, brunette lad, he must be, no, he was the "dream guy"... 'cause he was mine as well.

"So what are you doing here in my kitchen?" He asked.

I pressed a random key on my BlackBerry and it came to life. I checked the time and it was two in the morning. "Oh, I can't sleep. I was going to look for milk."

He crossed his arms and smiled. "I'll get it for you." He walked towards the counter where the glasses were placed and his next move was towards the refrigerator to get the milk.

"Where are the others?" He asked. Others meant his sister and our friends.

"They're sleeping. They got tired from the things we did earlier." I said and he handed me the glass. "Thanks."

"No problem." He said and poured one for himself. "They're tired and you're not? That's odd." He said and looked at me.

I shrugged and took a sip of my milk.

"I better go upstairs." I said, taking my glass.

"Don't leave!" He said. "I could use a little company and besides, we haven't hung out these past few months."

I nodded in return, not knowing what to say. It was true that we haven't hung out. I was busy being a new tennis varsity player while he was busy doing something. To be honest, I tried to keep my distant so that I wouldn't fall for him even more, but look where we were now.

He started asking stuff about me. I told him I haven't dated anyone in a while - casually dating guys, yes but serious relationships, zero – and I found out that he liked this girl – his friend, as he said – and he didn't want to ruin their friendship so he hasn't done anything yet. I started asking about what happened during his first few days of summer, he asked about the latest happenings in my clan. We were catching up, and it was good. He nodded, asked questions at the right time, and I noticed he was still the same best friend I had since the beginning of the year.

An hour or so, he asked me if I wanted to go upstairs and I agreed.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked quietly as we walked back up. We both knew we didn't want his parents to wake up.

"Not really." I said. "How about you?"

"Same here," he said. "Let's watch a movie, then."

"Like right now?" I asked.

"Of course, silly," he messed my hair and I blushed in return.

We entered his room and nothing really has changed since I last went in. It still has the same shade of blue, full of guy stuff but it was organized. He picked a random DVD, popped out the CD, and placed it inside the player. I sat down on his rug while he sat on the bean chair next to me.

After two hours and fifteen minutes, the credits started to roll. I looked at him and saw he was already looking at me.

"You're not sleepy yet?" He asked and at the exact moment, I yawned. "Okay well, come on; let's get you back to Jenny."

We walked back to Jenny and I turned the knob. It was lock.

Shit.

I started jiggling it and knocked silently, hoping to wake up anyone inside, but no response.

"You can sleep in my room." He said.

"Uh, sure, but I'll sleep on the floor." I said.

"No, you're not." He started walking back. "My bed is big enough to fit five people, so we're good."

I hesitated, but he insisted. It wasn't the first time we slept together – no malice. When I lied down, I noticed that his hand searched for my hand. I covered my face with my right arm so that he wouldn't see me blush. A second later, he held my hand tight and I didn't shake it off. My heart was on fire and I couldn't help but to smile. I prayed to God that this would last.

I woke up a few hours later, noticing a change in our position. His right arm was around my shoulder while the opposite was around my waist. I was hugging him and when I looked above, I saw him resting his chin on the top of my head.

I smiled and the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop. Oh I miss this feeling.

I decided to remove myself slowly away from him and when I got up. He changed his position, but his eyes were still shut. I walked towards him and kissed him on the cheek before leaving him. And before stepping outside his room, I took one last glance at his beautiful face and whispered, "I miss you."