Chapter 2

It is now lunch time and i am heading to the lunch room. Today has been good so far however, the agent pose are giving me a headache​. Every time someone comes up to talk to me they shew them away. I already have my lunch packed so i simply go and sit at the table me and my friends always sit at. The boys stand behind me in a row along the wall and I can't take it anymore. I get up to walk into the hallway to make a quick call. The boys start to follow me but I turn around telling them to stay and if they don't I will tell my dad. When I get out into the hallway I call my dad hoping he will answer. To my disappointment it rings 13 times before going to voicemail.

"Hey dad it's me. I know you are crazy busy and probably won't even get this till I am home but I just need to talk to you about something. If you can call me back thanks, love you bye." I say before hanging up letting out a huge sigh.

I close my eyes for a moment gathering my thoughts before I open them turning to walk back in only to run into a hard chest. I squeak, closing my eyes waiting for the impact of the cold hard floor but it never comes, as a strong pair of arms wrap around me.

"You can open your eyes." A deep voice says.

I slowly open my eyes coming face to face with none other than the new boy Theo.

"S-sorry." I stutter butterflies starting to stir in my stomach.

"It's fine I shouldn't have been so close." He says letting go of me once my feet are firmly planted on the ground.

"Oh Well I should get back to my friends." I say.

"You mean secret service detail?" He asks.

"Yeah... it's complicated." I sigh.

"It doesn't sound very complicated. How about we sneek away for a bit. I know the perfect place." He says.

"I don't know they are probably already worried.." I say a little skeptical.

"Come on I can see you want to your eyes are practically begging for a break." He chuckles.

"I guess a few minutes wouldn't hurt." I say looking anywhere except him.

Theo takes my hand intertwining our fingers, guiding me outside unspotted. Warmth radiates from my hand and continues through my body. We go to the back that is off limits to most students and only open for free period so it is currently empty. We sit down on one of the benches and stay silently for a moment before he breaks the silence.

"So the presidents daughter huh?" He asks.

"Yeah but it isn't all that glamorous. This is actually the first time in about a year that I have been without secret service." I say chuckaling a bit.

"Wow that's crazy. That must stink not being able to have privacy and everything." He says.

"Yeah but Im use to it I guess. I mean if its not my dad its secret service if its not secret service its paparazzi if its not paparazzi its students. The way I potray myself is everything. I am forced to be the Good girl but you probably don't want to hear about my boring life."I say looking into his eyes that hold an emotion I cant decifer.

" You know you are quite different than I expected." I state.

"what do you mean?" He asks.

"This morning you were hanging out with the "bad boy" crew." I state.

"Well my reputation is that of a bad boy yes but something about you intregs me and I am not as bad as you think. I am not rude to women and girls I have the upmost respect for them. Boys on the otherhand I have no problem disrespecting especially if they disrespect me first. There is a lot you don't know about me. looks can be deceiving." He says.

"I know and I of all people know that." I say.

We sit there talking about random things for about 15 minutes when my phone goes off. I look at the coler I.D. and see its my dad. I tell Theo to give me a minute and he nods.

"Hey dad." I say.

"Where the hell are you?!" He yells at me.

"Im outside dad." I say.

"Your secret service has been looking for you for 20 minutes Ellanore Ray Duncan."

"I'm sorry dad I wanted space and they weren't giving it to me and you wouldn't answer the phone so I couldn't discuss it with you." I say.

He sighs on the phone and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over and see Theo with sympathedic eyes.

"We will talk about this when you get home for now your secret service detail are almost in the gaurden and you are to stay with them no ands if's or but's. Do you understand Ellanore?" He says.

"Yes Mr. President." I say using his title letting him know my frustration and dissapointment before I hang up.

"Are you okay?" Theo asks.

"That is actually quite common." I say my face falling.

"Hey its okay come here." He says opening his arms.

I slowly go into them feeling his warm embrace. My muscles relax and I feel butterflys in my stomach. I pull away our faces inches apart. I look up at him, my eyes drifting from his eyes to his mouth. He starts to lean in but we are interrupted when his phone dings.

"Thanks." I say as I pull away.

"Anytime. Let me see your phone."He says.

I hand him my phone and he hands me his. We exchange numbers handing eachother our phones back I putting mine back into my pocket right as Mark turns the corner his face holding anger, and relief. I hold my hand up telling him not to speek.

"Don't say anything. I know you are upset and disappointed in me. Lets just go home I am not in the mood to finish my clases." I say.

He simply nods his head turning around to walk out making sure I am following him. I follow but turn around mouthing a quick thank you to Theo before continuing the walk to the car, me being compleately surrounded by secret service. I get into the car sighing and looking out the window as the door shuts. I see Theo standing there his face emotionless. I put earphones in my ears putting Pandora on and listening to whatever comes on. I take one last look out the window as we pull away finding no one there. The only thing to be heard is the light sound of radio chatter as well as sirens from the following police cars. the only thought going through my mind is.

This year is going to be harder than I expected.