Episode 2: "On The Outside Always Looking In.."

Being shoved around was a normal thing for Kenna. She was too nice to say no. Even though her head would practically scream no, she didn't have the heart to say it.

Today was no different.

"Kenna. You have to come with me! I'll be so lonely!"

The brunette looks at Meredith, who is using her puppy dog eyes to convince her, "I don't know Meredith. I'm just..really busy and I don't have time for this. My parents are really busy and someone is gonna have to babysit Isabel."

"Then hire a babysitter."

"Yeah no."

"What about your grandparents?"

"They went to Spain again, remember?"

"Right...." Meredith pauses before continuing, "Oh please Kenna! I'll never ask again! Please come! You gotta come!"

She chews the end of her pencil, a sign of stress, "I don't know Meredith."

Her friend rapidly shakes her and when she doesn't respond, shakes her again. This lasts for a while until she sighs in defeat.

"Fine. I'll go. What movie are they seeing?"

**********

"You're going where?"

Kenna sighs as she slips on her Mickey Mouse sweater, "Just to the movies with Meredith and her friends."

"What movie?" Her father asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I think it's called Life. It's a space movie with Ryan Reynolds."

"Who's going? Will there be any boys?"

"I wouldn't call Hendrix or Thomas boys..."

Her father sends her a playfully glare and the brunette just smiles, putting her hair up in a ponytail. Her mother gives her a kiss on her forehead and hands her a twenty while her sister and dad walk away to go play Injustice or something like that, sending her a small wave goodbye.

"Be good, okay?"

"When am I not?"

Her mother lightly slaps the back of head and Kenna just laughs, running out the door and towards the nearest bus stop.

Throughout her journey there, her heart starts to beat rapidly. Why is she even doing this? No one has ever asked her to spend time with her, not even Meredith. Why now? What was different?

Her thoughts race around her head and it causes her to grab onto the pole desperately, as if she'll pass out in an instant.

The rest of the ride was filled with negative thoughts and the soothing vocals of Ed Sheeran to help her heart stop beating so fast.

Once she's there, she notice a familiar group of people and she waves at them, running towards them. They send her a smile and hers drops.

Fake.

Suddenly, she feels like she shouldn't be here with them and her eyes drop to the floor.

Meredith rushes over to her and gives her a side hug, "You made it! Great! I already bought your ticket."

Kenna stares at the ticket with a small, meek smile and she takes it in her hand. Meredith nods happily and smiles, leading the brunette towards the group of teenagers.

A blond kid, Thomas, smiles at the ticket in his hand, "I've been dying to see this movie! I heard it's pretty spooky."

With those words, he wiggles his fingers at the girls beside him, who Kenna recognizes as Carla and Daniela, and they laugh and squeal.