Chapter 6

Jasmine Bloom's POV

The following day, I was strolling through the park while singing my heart out but everytime I got to the last song, tears started falling out of my eyes, maybe it's because the last song was named after my brother, Henry Bloom. He died when I was four and he was seven, we were walking through the park when this man in a mask came out with a knife, Henry being his stubborn self tried to protect me but what could a kid do against a grown man. I remember how the man tried to steal me but Henry wouldn't let him. He was stabbed so many times and I was screaming the entire time but however when someone finally heard us and came towards us, they found me sitting on the ground, crying while rocking my brother's body back and forth. His last words were, ' Make me proud, my butterfly. "

I let out a sob and fell onto my knees, the ache inside him intensified and my heart was once again falling apart. I yelled, " I should have protected you, Henry. I should have.....I was so stupid that I thought you and I would be together no matter what, and we would be strong to face others but you were and I wasn't. I wish I could become stronger so I can protect other people I love, like Rebecca...Mom....Dad...." I let my head fall into my knees and my shoulder shaked as I released every single tears that I had inside of me.

Suddenly a hand wrapped around my arm and I looked up to find Anna, behind her was Mikoto and Izumo, they had sympathetic smiles on their face. I used my sleeve to wipe away my tears fast before I looked at them again with no emotions on my face except annoyance, " What are you looking at? Have you never seen a girl cry before?" I swiftly turned away and stomped off in silent irritation but their eyes.....their eyes reflected sympathy and kindess, at the same time, they radiated the warmth and bravery my brother had.

*

I arrived at my dorm and a familiar figure leaned against it. I walked towards him and spoke, " Kuroh, what are you doing here? " He looked up and smiled, his smile took my breath away and I instantly blushed.

" There you are, Jasmine. I was wondering when you were going to be back." He stood up straight and bowed.

I nodded and saw two girls walk past us, when they saw Kuroh, they blushed and started giggling before walking away. I wanted Kuroh to go away because I feel like the more time we spend together, the more it will easy for me to fall in love with him. I shook my head, " Kuroh, you shouldn't be here with me. I was a friend to Tatara, the man who was murdered. And I know the Red Clan and the Blue Clan, you shouldn't trust me. I will betray you if I find out that Shiro is the murderer."

His eyes saddened and he nodded slowly," Right. Well I will be taking my leave then." He gave me one last long glance before he turned from me and walked away.

One down, three more to go.

*

It has been a day since I told Kuroh to stay away. In less than three minutes, I have to walk onto the stage and start singing for the concert. I could hear people screaming my name and cheering sounds. My outfit this time was a long black hoodie that came down to my knees, black ankle boots to go with it. I smiled in the mirror one last time before I took my place under the stage. Then it started rising and when I stood up and started singing, everybody went wild. It was like every normal concert until I finished singing and my eyes landed on a red head. He smirked while he stared at me, I gulped. It was Mikoto, I wonder what he was doing here.

I shook my head and bowed before yelling into the microphone, " Is everybody having a good time?" People screamed out a 'Yes' and I grinned before I disappeared off the stage.

A familiar blonde head came into view, it was my crush who is from a popular boy band. He has green eyes and he is handsome. I smiled, " Hey, Nate, how are you doing?"

He chuckled, " I am great but listen, do you want to go on a date?"

I blinked my eyes in surprise, " Yeah, sure but why?"

He laughed and pulled me closer, " I have to show everybody that you are mine. I mean, you have been ever since fifth grade. But yeah." He winked before he started walking away. Then he turned back and yelled, " See you in school!"

What?????

*

I groaned and slammed my head against the desk. So that was what he meant when he said see you in school. Ever since he step foot in this class, he has been surrounded by girls. I shook my head and took out my iPod before I put on my headphones. The music rung through my ears and eased my mind until the teacher said, " Who are you?" And a familiar voice said, " He is a new transfer student."

I looked back and Kuroh was there, his eyes caught mine and I blushed before looking away. I guess Nate noticed because he walked away from the group of girls and sat down next to me before he wrapped his left arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to his side. I sighed," What are you doing, Nate?"

Nate innocently batted his eyelashes at me," What ever do you mean?" He kissed my forehead and whispered, " I really like you, you know that?"

I turned my head away and shrugged off his arm before I stood up,excused myself and left the classroom. I kept walking down the hallway until Mikoto showed up in front of me. He was lighting up his cigarette when he saw me," I want to apologize."

I frowned and walked towards him, " What do you mean?"

He spoke," I felt bad for kicking you out, you must have liked Tatara so you came to pay your respects." His eyes looked away, as if this was the first time he was apologizing for something.

I shook my head," It's fine, Mikoto. It was my fault for yelling at you all when you all seem like pretty good people, well until I met Reisi Munakata. He is an asshole and a jerk. He called me pretty and then he bragged about being the Blue King. Idiot." I didn't realize that Mikoto was laughing until I stopped talking. He stopped as well and blushed before scratching the back of his neck.

" Hey...do you want to-"

" Jasmine, there you are." A heavy breathing Nate showed up, he glanced at Mikoto before he wrapped an arm around my waist which made Mikoto raise an eyebrow, " Who are you?"

Mikoto nodded, " Well, I see that's your answer then." He turned to leave but I stopped him by stating.

" He is not my boyfriend, well he thinks he is but whatever you were about to say, I'd love to." Mikoto nodded and he turned away, leaving Nate yelling at me.

" I am your boyfriend. We started yesterday, remember?"

I stopped him by saying," Did I agree to it?...No." I turned and left him in his thoughts before my mind was consumed with the face of the one and only, Mikoto Suoh.