Chapter 15 - Varvara

ATHENA'S POV

The feeling of finally in my own bed is breathtaking. My muscle began to relaxed and I'm at peace. I don't even care if I'm dead in the next hour. I tossed and turned around and just admiring the softest bed sheet ever. I love this life. "Athena?" I ignored that person. Oh come on. I just arrived!

"Athena...." but I think I know the owner of that voice.

"Athena... please wake up." I opened my eyes and wondering why does Tatiana on top of me. "What are you doing?" She seems like she's about to cry. I sighed. "Alright. I'm fully awake. What's up?" She wiped her tears from her cheek. "Did you meet Hercules?" I nodded. "How is he?" She asked. "He's good." I smiled.

"Did you kill him?" Where does she learned about this? "No. I didn't. I won't kill your future husband little sis. Is that why you flew all the way from Russia? Alone?!" She slowly nodded. Wow. Love can be such a pain. "Now can you please let me sleep. I'm so tired." She nodded and lay next to me. I remembered this clearly.

We used to have sleepover in each other room back in Russia. We were so close. "I also miss our Sleepover. Beside I'm alone in Russia. Mom and dad went for a business trip. Zinovia's at home but she's preparing for her concert. Annushka, staying with her fiancée and Natalya back in Paris."

"So you decided to be here rather than Paris? That's a first for me and you didn't even ask Zinovia to be in a flight with you. I am so proud." She hugged my body and rest her head on my chest. "I took the family's private jet." Ah.. no wonder. I feel sorry for the flight attendant. We talk for a little while before our eyes close because of exhaustion.

*FEW HOURS LATER*

"Sister... you have a guest." Tatiana' voice vibrated to my ear drum. "Tell them to fuck it." I mumbled and covering myself with the duvet. "But sister, she's the student president, Varvara Volin." My eyes widen. Did I do something wrong? I don't recall doing anything though.

"Tell her to wait. I'm naked right now." Tatiana nodded. "AND YOU NEED TO COVER YOURSELF AS WELL!" Geez that girl. Greeting guest with only wearing her underwear. I got up from my bed and grabbed the red knee length silk robe that was hanging on my bathroom door. I tied it up and went outside to meet Varvara. I wonder what does she want. She never been here before.

If she need something, she usually send her minions for me. I was at the top of the stairs when I saw her waiting for me. I walked down the stairs and smiled at her. Wait a minute, is she blushing?! She looked away from me and pointed at my direction. "Your lower part of the robe. It's showing."

I stopped dead on my track and fixed it. How embarrassing can I be?! "Anything I can you help with?" I asked, trying to covering myself from all the embarrassment. "Mama wanted me to invite you to a special occasion the day after tomorrow. It's for welcoming our guest. She said you wouldn't want to miss this opportunity."

I curious to what mama meant by that. "Sure. I'll be glad to." She smile. "We also invited Natalya. And she too agreed on coming since she's Irina's girlfriend." I don't know how to react to that. My heart are shattered but I'm happy that Natalya finally found someone better than Anton. But I am worried about Irina meeting Anton as well. What if.. he....

"Athena? Are you okay?" Varvara's voice bring me back to reality. "I'm okay. Please, have a seat. I'll prepare some refreshment." She nodded and I lead her to the gazebo outside. I went back inside and prepared the tea myself. When I walked out, she was standing by the edge, looking at the man-made lake.

"Here." She didn't respond. I was pouring the tea for her when she suddenly kneeling down in front of me. It startled me but she took my hand and apologised countless of time. I have no idea how to react to this. "I'm sorry." For what? I rubbed her head and lifted her chin. "What's wrong?"