Another Part Of Me

I applied a thin line of eyeliner over my eyelid, ending in a small wing. Then I penciled in some on the bottom.

I pulled my hair back into a curly ponytail - it was curly from the water yet.

I threw on a loose belly shirt and some baggy sweats, then shooving my feet into a pair of converse high tops.

I wasn't going to show up looking like this of course, this was just a temporary outfit.

I ran down my steps and out the door to go for a short jog in order to get everything off my mind.

Before I left I let my parents know where I was going, just so someone knew where I was.

I ran around the block a few times, slowly and lightly, just to get some exercise and to relax myself.

Breathing became difficult after many times of circling the block, but I continued to walk slowly just to recollect my breath.

Finally after about an hour of jogging up the block, around the corner, to the park, basically around the whole town, I decided to walk back home and eat, then get ready to go.

* * *

It was about 5:30 now, and I was still not dressed.

My makeup was smudged, my hair dried weirdly, and I had no intentions on fixing any of it.

I wanted to stay home.

I didn't want to face Michael and his new girlfriend.

I laid on my bed, my feet hanging off the edge, contemplating what I should do.

I was stressed.

l loved him so much still. I couldn't bear to see him without falling even harder in love with him.

Not only was I stressed, but I was hurt. He said once his career calmed down and he had the time to keep a relationship, he'd call me. He said he wanted nothing more than to be with me.

And as I thought harder about it, the more I opened my eyes.

He's doing it all on purpose.

He's inviting me over to taunt me.

This is all an act.

And it almost made me sick to think about.

How stupid I was to fall for my BOSS. To fall for and international pop star. THE KING of POP.

How stupid I was to believe that a man like that could love a woman like me.

How stupid I was thinking he wanted me, a middle-class background dancer, more than someone with money and talent.

How stupid I was.

The more I sat there and thought about it the more upset, reluctant, and angered I got.

I refused to show up.

I didn't want to be the fool who ended up falling deeper in this trench known as love.

I waited for someone who gave up two days after we broke up.

I waited for nothing.

All these thoughts and emotions swirled in my head causing a storm of depression and anger and I couldn't take it.

I wasn't showing up.

I just wasn't.