Chapter 2

A/N: Here is what I imagine Maia to look like!

The next night, I got ready for my date with Alex. He'd told me not to dress too nicely, he'd only be taking me for drinks. I understood, we hadn't been paid yet. I wore some black jeans, and a nice top. I paired this with some boots, and left my hair in its natural waves, and applying a slight amount of makeup.

On the night of our date, I waited for Alex outside of Joe's bar. He sure knew how to keep a girl waiting, he appeared ten minutes late. He seemed fairly nervous himself, though he was wearing his usual arrogant smirk like he usually does. He looked extremely attractive, and I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks as he approached me. 

"You're late." I remarked, as he came up, and slid his arm around my waist. I blushed at his touch.

"I couldn't find my aftershave." he admitted. I smiled, and then he kissed me, still smirking, and then he led me into Joe's.

We spent the date laughing and talking to each other. I got to know Alex, and he got to know me, though I left out the part about my past in New York. I really liked Alex, but I didn't feel comfortable in telling him about all of my baggage just yet. 

As the end of the date neared, and we started to walk back to the hotel, Alex asked me a question. 

"Maia, do you like me?" he asked unsurely.

"Well, you seem like a douche, if you ask me. But, I guess once I got to know you, I do like you." I admitted.

Alex smirked like usual, then his hand brushed against mine. I looked up at him, and this time it was my turn to smirk. 

"Do you want to hold my hand?" I asked in a slightly teasing tone, just as we approached the lobby.

"No!" he said quickly, turning red. I shook my head knowingly, smiling. But all the same, his hand kept brushing against mine, somewhat purposefully. 

As we both stepped into the elevator, it was yet again empty. We both pressed the numbered button for which floor we wanted, and as the doors closed, I looked at Alex, and I know that I said there wasn't going to be any sex, but I couldn't help myself.

I reached up, threw my arms around his neck, and kissed him. He placed his hands on my hips, and kissed back, deepening the kiss. 

I tried jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist, but he pulled away from the kiss and smirked.

"You said no sex afterwards." he said, smirking still. 

"Alex freaking Karev, I take it back." I argued.

"No, no. You can't take it back now." he taunted. 

"So, you're saying you don't want to screw me?" I asked, looking up at him. 

"Yeah, pretty much." he said, looking down at me. 

"So, if I took my shirt off and came into your room, you wouldn't screw me?" I said, pursing my lips. 

"I wouldn't." he said, his voice trembling slightly. 

"Well, I'm gonna do just that, and see how you get on, huh?" I replied, smirking to myself.

"Fine, go ahead." he said confidently. 

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened at Alex's floor. Instead of staying in the elevator and travelling to my floor, I stepped out along with Alex and followed him to his room. I think that he didn't think I'd follow through with my plan, and so he looked surprised when he saw me following him into his room. 

Alex closed the door to his room delicately, and I removed my jacket and threw it on the floor.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, looking at my jacket in a heap on the floor