Chapter 5 - Getting better...

Its been a few days since i got out from the hospital, but my head still hurts like crazy. Now, my mom works every day, my sister is in the Dominican Republic with her boyfriend, and i dont really expect my friends to take care of me, so im spending the weekend with the McDonoughs' until i feel better, and can actually stand up without having the feeling i was going to throw up. 

"NO! You killed me!" Toby complained, throwing the X-Box controller on the floor. We were playing videogames while Joan, their mom, made us some breakfast. I turned my head to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He glared at me and snatched his controller from the floor. "REMATCH!" After pushing the play button, i was already close to beating his butt, again.

He leaned back in his rocky chair, crossing his legs in a pretzel.

"So, Autumn." he flashed me a smile without taking his eyes off the screen.

"Yes?"

"Hows life?"

"Life?" i sniggered. To be honest...life was great! Other than my minor concussion. "Lifes...good."

"Why? Is it because of Riiiileeeey?" I quickly turned my head to him, with my eyes widened.

"What? No, whatre you talking about?"

"You know what im talking about." his eyebrows bounced up and down, still not taking his attention away from the television. "Yes! I win!"  He placed his controller on the floor, picked up his juice box and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Wha...oh no. I do NOT like Riley."

"Mmhm." I narrowed my eyes at him, and leaped on top of him and tickled him.

"IM GONNA TICKLE YOU UNTILL YOU PEE!"

"NONONONONO!"

Just then, i smelled something wonderful. I stopped, and pushed my nose in the air to sniff it out. I looked down at Toby, and i think he smelled it too. We both stumbled to our feets, and i pushed him on his bed so i could get in front. We raced down the stairs and into the kitchen where Joan was putting waffles on the table.

We chose our chairs around the table, and then Connor and Riley walked in the kitchen.

"Good morning sleepy heads." I said grabbing a waffle and plopping it on my plate. They rubbed their eyes, and Riley brushed his hand through is hair, then took their seats. 

After breakfast, I went with Riley to walk the dog.

"Feeling any better?" 

"Yeah, i am acually."

"Thats good." Wow, he is an awkward boy. To my luck, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Aut. I took a day off so im on my way to get you. That okay?" I looked over at Riley who was picking up the dog's....droppings. 

"Yeah, i guess. See yah then. Bye ma."

"That your mom?" he asked, tying up the bag of poop.

"Yup. Shes coming to pick me up in a little bit." he looked at the ground and put a hand in a pocket of is plaid, pajama pants.

"Oh."

"Whats wrong?"

"Uh nothing. Nothings wrong."

"Come on crust....tell me." he looked at me and laughed. 

"Havent heard you call me that in a while."

"I know. Now just tell me!" We then crossed the street, and continued around the block.

"We have to go back to Florida, to get ready for tour."