XXI (21)

I decided I would hang out with Ace today since I sorta blew him off the other day. I had a pretty good time chilling with him, just the two of us. He tried to be romantic and make up all these cute scavenger hunt clues that eventually lead us to a movie theater. It was a cute way of asking me out on an official date. 

I pulled out $10 to pay for my ticket, but he moved my hand out the way and paid for the both of us. "You didn't have to do that, I would have paid for myself." I said. "I know, but I wanted to." He replied. He put his arm around my waist as we walked into the theater. He bought us lots of candy and pretzels. I didn't want popcorn because I hate theater popcorn. It tastes too salty and you can't even taste the butter. 

I picked a seat in the last row, a few seats down from another couple waiting for the movie to start. "I'm so anxious, I been wanting to see this movie for forever man." I happily spoke. Ace didn't reply, he just stared at me. I gave him a slight smile, "What?" I asked as I put a Mike-and-Ike in my mouth. "Nothin'." He said and ate a handful of candy.

Finally, the movie was over. It was funny as hell but it was also pretty sad. I enjoyed my time with my boyfriend today even though... never mind. 

"Aye, can I have my jacket back?" He asked as we walked to his car. I pulled the jacket tighter around my body, "No. I'm cold!" I whined. "You got on a sweater and a jacket already." He stated.

"Your point is...?" I sang, walking away. He lightly pulled me back to him. "If you don't give it to me, Ima have to take it myself and you don't want that to happen." His eyes were stuck on my lips and his hands were placed just above my butt. 

"Aaand If I don't? What you gonna do about it?" I moved closer to his lips. 

"Ima kiss you." He implied. 

"Well, I guess you ain't gettin' this jacket back." I stated.

Right then, he placed a long passionate kiss on me. We were standing out in the freezing cold, but I didn't care. But soon, he pulled away. 

"You gone give me the jacket now?" He questioned. 

"Your so corny." I licked my tongue out at him and handed him back his jacket. "Now, I'm about to freeze to death Ace!" I cried as I ran to the car. He took his precious time unlocking the doors as if it was a hundred degrees out. 

When we returned to his house, he instantly started taking off his clothes. Not for me or anything, he was changing into his sleepwear although he did leave his shirt off. That, I didn't mind. "Turn up the heat, it's cold as hell in here." I demanded. He didn't say anything, and did as I asked. "You hungry?" He asked. 

"Sure."

I followed him down into the kitchen. Sitting at the island in their kitchen, I watched him as he fried us some chicken rings. He's such a good cook. 

"Soooo..." I trailed off, then asked "You got any secrets?"

He looked at me weird. I giggled a bit, "What?" 

"Why you say that?"

"Just wondering... do you?"

"Well, Uh... I mean..." He hesitated to say it.

"You what?" I dipped another chicken ring in my ketchup.

"I got a son."

I almost instantly started choking on whatever was left in my mouth. "Damn, you alright?" He started patting my back to help. I sorta pushed him away.

"You have a son? As in... a child?" I questioned. 

"Something like that."

I got up from my seat. "Well, when were you gonna tell me this?"

"I was waiting until I knew we was serious, I didn't want to just jump into a relationship putting my kid on you and shit. Calm down." He gestured me to come to him. 

"How am I supposed to calm down? You have a CHILD, Ace. I think we been serious for a while now, unless I'm missing something." 

"You ain't missing nothing Asia. I promise, that's the only secret I have from you."

I didn't say anything, but staring at him, I don't know what to do. "How old is he?" I sat back down. 

"He's three." He said, sitting next to me. 

"So, you got a girl pregnant at sixteen?" 

"Yeah, I did." He looked down like he was ashamed. 

"Oh." Was all I could say.