Background information

This is a Clint/OC. The dates I chose come from the Marvel wiki and in  some cases, my own head. The first few chapters are very much focused on  Emma joining SHIELD and all her missions she has to go on and her  feelings for Clint starting to form. The book will start in the year 2008 right around the time of when the first Iron Man movie came out and it will progress through every movie. She might not be actually in that "movie" and I might barely touch upon some movies but they will be mention. If that makes sense.

I don't own Avengers, of course. Updates will be slow because I am a college student.

Enjoy, my lovelies. Oh, minor swearing, but nothing the average college/ high school student hasn't heard. It will be mature content eventually so I'm just letting you know.

 It will be mature content eventually so I'm just letting you know

Emma Carter Morgan

Age: 20 (in 2008 where the first chapter takes place)

Birthday: May 4

Attends Culver University in Willodale, Virginia. It is known for it's extensive resources devoted to scientific research. Emma is in the process of leaving Culver University and going to graduate school at NYU in New York City or well she was planning on doing that. She is also, on top of everything else she has going on, trying to finish her study on PTSD in war veterans for publishing at the urging of her adviser at Culver. Emma as you can see is young to be going off to graduate school. But in High school she skipped a few grades because of how smart she was.

Growing up she lived in Syracuse, New York with her Mom, Dad, and her older brother Noah. Her mother is a scientist, who teaches classes at Syracuse University. While her father was an agent of some kind. Although she didn't know that at the time. She just thought her father was a big shot detective that worked out of state a lot catching criminals. Her father taught her and her brother how to defend themselves. Ever since she was young her father was teaching her hand to hand combat and karate. She never understood why and every time she would ask her father he would say that it was just in case something ever happened to her. He wanted to make sure she was able to fight back. When she was 13 her father took her to a gun range and taught her how to shoot a gun. Her brother Noah had done the same thing when he was 13 too. By this point Emma just stopped asking questions when it came to training with her father. She just went along with it.

When Emma was 15 she came home from school to see her mother and brother in the kitchen. When she looked closer she noticed her mother was crying. That day on May 20th was when everything changed. Her father had died. They were told that he was shot and killed. Their mother insisted on a closed casket and to this day she never understood why that was. Emma stopped training after her father died. She just didn't see a point to it anymore. She focused more on school. She wanted to be a scientist or an engineer like her mother. When she was 16 her brother Noah enlisted into the army, he was 21. Her mother was so upset about his decision but she knew that this was what he wanted to do, it was what her father would of wanted him to do. 2 years later Noah came home after he was given an honorary discharge after he was shot. He survived the attack, while only him and one other person of his team made it back to base alive. Noah was never the same after that. He was always depressed. He had nightmares every night. Emma had hold off on going to college right away because she didn't want her mother to be alone while taking care of Noah after he was shot. She took classes online instead. Emma asked Noah what his dreams were about but he never told her. She wished he had opened up to her, to anyone. They were so close growing up. Up until their father died, Noah was her best friend and then their father died and everything changed. And things were going to keep on changing. Her brother killed himself 6 months after he was discharged. He couldn't handle the nightmares and the survivor guilt anymore. Her brother had PTSD and it was too late for Emma to do anything about it.

Right after that she left. She got accepted into Culver University and she never looked back. She hasn't spoken to her mother since she left when she was 18 and her mother never tried to get into contact with her either. She was a constant reminder of the two people she lost and even though you would think she'd want to keep her daughter close so she couldn't lose her like how she lost her husband and son, she didn't. And Emma didn't mind at all. She was doing fine on her own. Her life was finally going right. That was until she caught herself a "stalker" that was about to change her entire life. Buckle up it's going to be one hell of a ride.