Chapter 13

"Damnit", Jensen mumbled as you felt the car slowly come to a stop. You sat up and stretched a little before he looked over at you; noticing you were awake. "I didnt mean to wake you up. Sorry."

"No no no its okay. Are we out of gas", you asked, referring to the QT pump you were parked at.

"Yeah", he sighed. "Are you able to grab me a water inside while I fill the gas tank?" Nodding, you unbuckled your seatbelt and grabbed your phone.

"Just a water?"

"Yeah, and whatever you want. You can grab some cash out of my wallet if you want, so you don't have to pay", he said as he put the nozzle in the back of the car.

"Jensen", you started as you closed the passenger side door and walked to the drivers' side; leaning against the car facing him. "I can pay for two bottles of water."

"Your right", he smirked while mocking you. "Its only two bottles of water."

Rolling your eyes and accepting defeat, you opened the driver side door and grabbed his wallet. You unfolded the leather and grabbed $20 and a credit card you had seen him used all night. Crawling back out, you closed the door and gave Jensen the card.

"Double checking, two waters and then I blow the rest?" Jensen chuckled and shook his head.

"Uh huh. Go crazy Padalecki."

You playfully winked before walking inside the dimly lit store. Avoiding eye contact with the few people inside, because who the fuck is at a gas station so late at night, you went straight to the fridges in the back. Shivers flowed through your body when the cold air from the fridge hit your bare legs. Being uncomfortably cold, considering you were only wearing a shirt with a thin flannel and shorts, you quickly grabbed the two drinks and closed the door.

Grabbing a bag of chips for the ride home, you got in the line for the cashier. Vibration in your pocket snapped you out of the small daze you were in because of your tiredness and the booze. You shifted the chips into the arm you held the drinks in and pulled your phone out of your pocket. Slight anxiety started creeping into your thoughts when you saw the unknown number had texted you.

Unknown: You can't hide from me.

You took a ragged breath.

Unknown: Leaving so soon?

Being confused at the random remark, you slid the message over and saw the timestamp was labeled at 9:08. Which was around the time you got in the car and started heading home.

"Ma'am?" The voice of the cashier behind the stand caught your attention. "Are you ready to pay?"

"Yeah", you replied, your voice laced with fear. The sounds of the barcode reader beeping when he scanned the food and drinks were drowned out when your phone vibrated in your hand again.

The unknown number had texted you a photo. You clicked it and it was a picture of you taking the bottles of water out of the fridge.

"That would be $6.57 please", the cashier stated. Not looking away from the screen, you grabbed one the $20 from your pocket and handed it to him.

Another new text popped up on the messages that made your stomach drop.

Unknown: Boo

A hand on your shoulder made you jump and your eyes go wide. You spun around and became face to face with a bewildered looking woman. Now embarrassed, you turned around to the cashier and grabbed the change and food from him before rushing out the door and straight to Jensen's car.