Chapter 1: Cliches

Disclaimer: 7Panda7 is in no way claiming that she is an expert in all things Anime Fanfic. There are plenty of amazing writers on this site. If you experience any signs of nausea, headaches, drowsiness or plain hatred while reading this guide, then The Idiot's Guide may not be for you. Viewer Discretion is advised.\( ̄□ ̄)\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo Guys! So you want to start writing a successful fanfic but don't know where to start?〈(゜。゜) Well...the first thing you should 'technically' write is the first chapter...but that didn't really get many views now did it.

Well I'm gonna tell you plain and simple: The people with a bunch of votes and view on this site have literally worked their butts off to get them. No one just automatically becomes Wattpad famous here just because they publish a decent story. (There are however tips to help get extra votes and view which I will be discussing later). So if you really want to write a successful fanfic, know that you WILL have to work for it.

So, Do you still want to write one?

Really?

Okay, but know that you have been warned.

In the beginnin-...no...before the beginning

Starting off a story is probably the easiest thing you could ever to do. It's an empty slate! Absolutely anything and everything can happen. And you're the one deciding!

Now.

Actually writing a good start....that's a bit harder. (And will be addressed in it's own chapter because I am lazy right now)

But before one can actually write a good beginning one must first figure out what he/she wants to actually happen in his/her story.

What? You mean like...plan stuff out?!

But...But...the effort. (; ̄д ̄)

Trust me it works.

So did you do this when you first started?

Psh...hell no. Nobody got time for that. ( ̄ー ̄ )

But then I met an evil demon called 'Writer's block.'

So I strongly advise that you do this step. Just take a few minutes to write down everything single thing you want to occur in your story. If your list looks short, then it should be a warning that you might want to rethink your story.

However, if you're a very lazy person like me. Try this alternative way: Make an unpublished book on Wattpad and fill it with the basic ideas about your stories. No need to put detail, save that for later. All you need first is a simple outline.

For example: (Anime: One Piece)

Girl is Eustass Kid's younger sister. Looks up to Kid but he abandoned her in search of the One Piece. Everyone else hates her because she's Kid's sister. (Poor Girl -.-) After turning 23, she decides to search for Kid. They meet at Sabody. Several arguments and fights later, she convinces him to let her join his crew. She falls in love with Killer. Killer struggles with realizing that he is also falling in love. Kid gets overprotective. Drama occurs. But love prevails! The end.

Anyway that story could probably last for a good 20 chapters when you write smart. (<--- I'll address this later as well)

And in the end, that small five minutes of planning can go a long way. And as new ideas come to you, you can write them down in the plan book as well!