▪nine▪

Chapter 9 ≈ Secret Plans

Nate waited until Matt had finally sat down in the car. "Ready?" He slammed the door and twisted the key, allowing the car to roar to life. "Been ready for a the past ten minutes." Nate teased and smiled out the window, his hand gripping Matt's. Apparently they were going somewhere with Matt's friends but the brunet didn't disclose any details. Matt has been quite secretive recently, even more than usual. Matt ripped away his hand and smiled nervously before turning the road. Nate frowned lightly and looked at his hand, missing the feeling of the male's bigger hand. The ebony bit his inner cheek and looked back at the window, feeling a bit hollow.

The car had stopped in an empty parking lot with two people whispering and holding hands. Nate quickly recognized Mark and Thias. Matt jumped of the intense car, took a deep breath and slammed the car shut and walked to the other side. Nate smiled slightly and opened the car door, stepping out only to be swept into Matt's entire side. They walked toward the other gay couple, glued together. "Where's Jack and Cal?" Matt questioned and looked around to see nothing but air. Thias smiled at Matt's Soulmate and turned toward the man himself. "They went to go on another date," Thias licked his lips. "I swear to God, Jack's embarrassing the fuck out of Calvin."

Mark let out a chuckle. "Jack has always been excited." Nate nodded in agreement. Once Jack called Nate up and demanded him to keep Jack company while he was painting his nails. Needless to say, Nate felt that his fingernails and toenails looked pretty in lavender. Matt smiled and unraveled himself from Nate. "Now, shall we take a long walk on the beach?" He smirked and his eyes glinted from mischief. Nate snorted, a feature Matt found pure and absolutely adorable. "Really? A long walk on the beach?" Thias and Mark joined in Nate's laughter leaving Matt confused and giggly. "Uh, yes seriously. I'm super romantic and all that crap." Nate scoffed and smiled, looking at the car slightly. He stared at Matt and searched his beautiful brown eyes for a sign that this is a joke.

Matt's eyes held no sign.

Nate sighed. "Alright, let's go then." He encased Matt's hand with his and started pulling him in direction the sea's smell wafted to. He looked back and saw Matt smiling with glee and two giggly bitches by nature behind him.

~ time skip brought you by a pure tyler scheid

Nate laughed drunkly as Matt pulled him deep under the blankets. "I thought you were leaving." Nate adjusted himself so his face pressed into Matt, and his leg was thrown over the older male. Matt shook his head and wrapped his arm around Nate securely as if he would get up and run. The ebony smiled and sighed contently into Matt's rib. "Mmm, nope." Matt muttered and started tangling his Soulmate's hair around his fingers, twirling and attempting to make a braid one handed. Nate was drifting off but Matt injected himself into Nate's sleepy head.

"I got you Bionicles, by the way." His sleepy soft voice wafted through the tinted red room. Nate smiled and traced circles and odd shapes into Matt's chest. "Thank you babe." He muttered and lifted himself up, kissing his cheek before dropping down onto his chest, murmurs of 'sorry' was thrown against the older male's chest. Matt laughed slightly, readjusting his arm to press Nate deeper into his chest. "S'okay babe." Nate stopped and looked up at Matt, admiring him for a second before gently nodding and yawning. He closed his eyes and images begun to blossom on the back of his eyelids.

Matt laid there in the darkness for a couple of minutes before sitting up. Nate mewled in his sleep but he didn't stir. Matt smiled and removed a leg from his lover. He moved off of him easily and was now hugging the pillow for dear life. Matt stifled a laugh, grabbed a blanket and threw it over his angel. Matt then hurried to grab a jacket and shoved his covered feet into the wrong shoes before dashing down the stairs and flying out the door. He breathed heavily and rushed to put on his shoes correctly. He opened the car door and slammed it shut the car groaning to life.

He waited for his breath to calm and his heart to stop beating his chest from the inside. He sat in the comfortable warm seat for a few extra seconds before driving out of the driveway. He turned a sharp left and started driving out of the neighborhood. Her house was a long way away,

The brunet reached for the radio and turned it on, a gentle voice filled the car. "..i'm sick of losing soulmates so where do we begin.." Matt sighed and lessen his grip on the steering wheel, unable to believe that he got away from Nate. He never thought he would be able to rip away from him. Matt looked down at the scribbled and smudged handwriting on his hand and looked up to see the address draw closer. He sighed in relief and the car rolled into the driveway. He slammed it shut, rushed to the door and rung the bell.

Soon after, a pink-haired woman opened the door, wearing a tank top and shorts. She smiled. "Finally, come in." Matt smiled sheepishly and disappeared into the house.

~

Nate thumped down the steps, bothered to see Matt no longer snoozing in his bed. No, he was downstairs gulping down coffee after coffee. "Where were you?" Nate inquired. A set of smells hit his nose like an attack against the United States from North Korea. First was the smell of coffee and unwashed dishes molding in the corner of the kitchen. Second was the smell of woman's perfume. Nate should know, Jack had Calvin's whole apartment smell of strawberries and lavender. Whatever lavender smells like.

"Nowhere." His answer was short and simple and he took a long sip of coffee, his eyes trained to look inside the cup. It was disappointing. Maybe the perfume was nothing. Men can wear perfume. Nate shrugged and looked at Matt a little longer. "Are you sure?" He questioned again, hoping to get a real answer out of him. Matt shook his head and placed the coffee down. "I need to meet Jason, he has some livestreams ideas to discuss." He smiled hurriedly and kissed Nate's temple before disappearing from the house and a loud car roaring away. All before Nate could even mumble anything back.

"Okay..I love you too." He muttered before waddling to the kitchen and taking care of the smelly dishes.

~*~*~

im lowkey very proud of finishing this sooner than i did all the other chapters. anyway, enjoy this and prepare for some angst. btw what do you think matt was doing with that woman? did you catch the not-so-subtle dodie reference? [btw that song fucked me up]

okay, answer these questions or not and enjoy the rest of your life. love ya lots honey shots.

*~*~*