~Chapter 2~

***TRIGGER WARNING***

I had to have been gone all day because when I looked down at my watch it was already 7:45 pm. "Shit, I need to get home." I half yelled to myself. I began sprinting down the unrecognizable streets when I finally gave up. I had no idea where I was, I ended up in some nice neighborhood. The only thing I thought to do was grab my phone and call Jen. I'd call my dad but I knew he'd be at work by now, and my brother was probably at the skate park with his girlfriend, Becca as always. The phone rang about four times before I heard Jen's soft voice. "He-hello?" She stuttered. "Hey, Jen, it's Iris." I say to her. "Well duh, what's up?" She manages to say. "Well, I started walking and listening to music this morning but I must've gone out too far because no I have no idea where I am." I said quickly. After a few moments of complete silence o heard Jen's sigh loudly. "Well I don't have any money for gas and your father won't be home until the morning so it's on you." She replies and just like that, the line went dead.

"Jen?" I say to a dial tone. "Ugh, fuck!" I guess I shouted that too loud because a tall blonde dude stopped and turned twords me. Just as my gazr met his I turned and began walking again. "You alright?" He says in his thick Australian accent. "Ah, sure." I manage to choke out, still walking. "Hey wait." He calls out coming closer to me. I stop in my tracks and turned, facing him once again. "Need a ride?" He asks. I was too lost in thought to answer. 'hes.. gorgeous.' I thought to myself. I examined his face. His bright blue eyes looking straight in mine. "Hello?" He says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh man, um sorry. Ah no it's fine I can walk." I say smiling. "Are you sure? I've got enough gas." He basically pleads. "No really it's okay. I don't want to cause any trouble." I turn and start walking again. "Well my name's Luke." He calls out to me causing me to stop once again. "Iris." I say not looking back, and continue walking. 

It took me about 15 minutes for me to get to a part of town I recognized. As soon as I got there, my phone buzzed. It was Jen. "Hey Jen what's up?" I ask casually. "You need to get your ass home right now." She says sternly. "Man, okay I'm on my way. Everything alright?" I ask. Just as those words came out of my mouth the line once again went dead. "Bitch." I whisper to myself. I'd never really liked Jen. When my dad was around, she acted like an angel. But when it was just me and my brother she'd be a total pain. All she ever said was "do this, do that. Lazy mother fuckers" sometimes she'd hit us.. and by us I mean me. She puts my brother on a fucking pedastool. And I'm just her punching bag.
-------------------------------------------------------
About 12 minutes later I finally make it back home. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I had at least 15 messages from her. I roll my eyes and walk through the door to see Jen on the sofa with a whole empty case of beer on the floor. "Did you.. drink all of that?" I ask shutting the door. "None of your damn business. Where the hell have you been?!" She yells getting up. "I dunno. Just walking around." I reply trying to keep my voice steady. "Yeah well your lazy brother is out with his girlfriend, so it just leaves you and me tonight.. Iris." She says evilly. "Yeah." I say heading up to my room. I stop in my tracks when I suddenly hear sarcastic laughter. "And where do you think you're going?" Jen asks grabbing my wrist. "Um, to my room?" I say with attitude releasing myself from her grip. I wince in pain because she'd just grabbed where I'd cut this morning. "Iris don't you use that tone with me!" She yells as she grabs me by the waist and pulls me off the stairs, causing me to fall on my ass. "Jen what the hell?!" I yell back. Next thing I know, her face is inches from mine and her hand is tightly gripped on my shirt. I could smell the heavy alcohol on her breath. "Ugh can you just get off me! If you hate me so much leave me be!" As soon as those words escaped from my lips I felt her fist come down on me. It happened so fast I didn't know what to think, but I was laying there on the carpet bleeding from my nose. "Maybe next time you'll think twice before yelling at me like that. Bitch." Jen spat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woweh, that happened. Okay um next chapter will be more interesting hopefully xD