Date

Theme: Date
Characters: Violet and Lief

"Ugh. Where is he? He is never here on time! But then again, I could just be too early.. But a boy should never leave a girl waiting!" An annoyed Violet thought aloud, tapping her foot impatiently while waiting for Lief.

  She was going on her very first.. "date" with someone. It was her childhood friend Lief, who has gone through a lot of stuff together. It's not exactly a date.. it's just getting something to eat, that's all! Violet thought for the fourth time in the last 20 minutes. She would hate to admit it, but she was VERY nervous.

"Violet! Sorry I'm late!" Lief said, running up to her. "Have I kept you waiting long?"

"No, only about 45 minutes." Violet said rolling her eyes.

"I'm really, truly sorry. I know how much you hate waiting.."

Violet let out an long sigh. "Its fine.. let's just go in, I'm hungry."

  Violet and Lief went into an cat café. As soon as Violet stepped inside, she instantly forgot Lief was there. She ran to all the cats and started petting them.

"Uh... Alrighty then.." Lief said, awkwardly walking up to the clerk. "I would like some tea and cookies please."

"What flavor?" The clerk said, smiling.

"Uhm.. Lemon and chocolate chip."

"OK then. Anything else?"

"No, that's all. Thank you."

"You're welcome!"

  Lief walked over to a table and watched Violet playing with the cats.

  Violet suddenly turned around and got up. She walked over to the table Lief was sitting at.

"So. What should we talk about?" Violet said, sitting down.

"I dunno. But, you looked pretty content with the cats over there."

Violet blushed. "Why were you staring at me? Did you even order us anything?!"

"I d-" As if on cue, the clerk called him over.

  Lief got the tea and cookies and sat back down.

"See? I did get us something." Lief said, pointing to the tray he was holding.

"Oh.." Violet looked at the tea. "Umm.. There's only one straw.."

"Oh.. My bad! Maybe we're just gonna have to share the same straw..."

  Both Violet and Lief turned red at the thought of sharing a straw.

"Uhm... Okay..." Violet said quietly.

  Suddenly, Violet felt a vibration on her leg. She looked down and saw a black cat with purple eyes purring against her leg.

"Aww! How cute!" She said, picking the cat up and petting it in her lap.

  She grabbed a few cookies and ate them. Darn it.. I'm thirsty, but I don't want to take the risk of drinking from the same straw! Violet thought. Maybe if I drink some first, I won't face as much embarrassment... It seemed as if Lief had the same idea, because both Violet and Lief reached out for the tea. Their hands touched and they quickly pulled their hands back, blushing.

"Oh.. S-Sorry, you can have the first sip..." Lief said.

"No, you can." Violet insisted.

  They both went back and forth until Violet suddenly took the cup of tea and drank from it.

"There, happy?!" She said.

"Yeah..." Lief said happily drinking the tea.

"UHHH.." Violet said blushing.

"What? We are friends right? We have done that many times before."

"But... Nevermind.."

"Oh.. By the way, I like you."

"Jeez there is no need to be so straight forward... WAIT WHAT?!"

"Yep. I have liked you for a while now."

"But- Well I mean it's not that I dont- I mean I like you too- but that was so straight forward- I'm so confused!" Violet said putting her head down. "Is this possibly some crazy dream I'm having?"

  Lief bent over the table, lifted her chin, and kissed her on the cheek.

"Does that clear it up for you?"

"Uhm- Yes- But I- Uh- I GOT TO GO!" Violet said, taking all the cookies and running out of the café.

Did that really just happen?! Violet thought, still blushing while eating cookies.

"Great.. She left me with the bill.." Lief muttered under his breath.

That moment when you try to write a casual short story but end up writing a one shot.. Would this technically be a one shot? Violet please don't kill me-

(Also, I didn't read over the story..)