April 2nd 2016

April 2nd 2016...

Saturday.

Honestly, I don't remember much of this day. Jess spent most of the day in Dr. Carlson's office and I spent most of the day prepping for the LCHS production of The Sound of Music.

During this time of the year, Jess and I didn't get to see much of each other. We were both always busy in other places, doing different things.

The production of The Sound Of Music was hard. It was at the high school while I still had two years remaining at the elementary school, the rest of 7th and 8th Grade.

The production was local so kids from all over Lark Creek of all ages were allowed to try out. There were many roles only fit for younger actors and actresses.

The high schoolers made it like we were invading their territory. The youngest of them, a couple five to seven year olds, didn't get the worst of it. Usually they were around the protection of adult figures.

We, the middle children, were on our own.

So the high schoolers made it really hard for us. Especially because I had a major role, I was viewed as even more of an invader.

They'd make out in front of me, give each other what I'd been told by Carol Silliard were called 'hickeys.' They'd mock and prank us. Sometimes they'd get in a little trouble for it but mostly, it was tolerated.

So the spring production was a little hard for me. Grace seemed pretty much oblivious to it at times and I just worked my best to ignore it. But their acts of sexual expression really tainted me. It made me really uncomfortable to be around, at times.

So while I was practicing for the production on the afternoon of April 2nd 2016, Jess was miles away in a doctors office getting treated for mental illness that resulted of the 2013 accident in the creek.

Part of me looks back today and realizes that the lack of time Jess and I spent together during March and early April as well as the stress of the things we were doing during that time may have been minor contributing factors leading up to the fallout you'll learn more about later in the month.

I believed that it all came out of the blue but maybe the stress and pain of the first few months of 2016 didn't exactly help the cause.

I truly didn't think of that until now. I'm learning more and more everyday writing this. Another day goes by.