Chapter 1: New Apartment

"Pika!"
"Hang on Pikachu, I'll get the door open." I said as I fumbled to unlock the door to my new apartment.

I just moved to Saffron City from Celadon City since I just recently graduated from college. I studied business for four years at Celadon College, and I plan on working as a manager at the Silph Company. I would like to work in the advertising department since I'm good with sales.

I finally unlocked the door to the apartment. Pikachu bolted between my knees. I stepped through the threshold of the apartment and scanned my new home. When you first walk in, the kitchen is directly to the left. It connects to the living room with a wall in between the two rooms. Across from the kitchen is the bathroom. It is small and equipped with a bathtub, sink, toilet. Connecting to the bathroom is the only bedroom in the apartment. The bedroom is smaller than the bedroom I grew up in when I lived with my mother. The balcony connected from the bedroom and the living room. This apartment is perfect for me due to it just being Pika and I.

"Pika! Pikachu!"
"Do you like our new home?" I asked while lifting up the small mouse Pokémon.
"Chuchuu!" He said with a smile.
"All that's left to do is unpack." I sighed.

Scattered around the apartment are multiple boxes of my stuff. I hired a moving company to haul all of my belongings from Celadon to here. I wasn't able to do it since I was doing my moving preparations and other reasons. They set all of my furniture in the middle of the living room, and only put my bed in the bedroom. I should have told them where to put everything, at least in the correct room.

I spent five hours struggling to move my furniture around and unpack the majority of my stuff. I even had a noise complaint from the person who lives below me due to me sliding my dresser to my bedroom. Well, I sure made a great first impression.

"Pika, pika pi." Pikachu said while tugging on my pants leg. He had an uncomfortable look on his face. That usually means he's hungry.
"Are you hungry buddy?" I asked. Pikachu nodded his head.
"Then let's go to the pizza shop across the street!" I said.
"Pikaaaaaa!"

I closed the door to my apartment and locked it. We walked down the long hallway to get to the elevators. When I was reaching towards them, a woman who looked to be around my age walked out of her apartment. She had long brown hair and was wearing a white hate, she really pretty actually. I pushed the down button on the elevator and entered, the young woman entered as well. I pushed the button to go the lobby and she didn't do anything. I shot her a look and she didn't react to it, I guess she's going to the same floor. I exited the elevator along with Pikachu and the woman and we all walked out the building. The young woman took a left and started walking down the side walk. Pikachu and I walked across the street to the pizza shop and ordered a medium pizza with peppers and mushrooms. I know, it's not wise to feed a Pokémon people food, but I have zero food in the house right now. I paid for the pizza and left the store.

When I got back to the apartments, the same woman had just walked in and was headed towards the elevators. I didn't expect to see her again.

"You going to floor eight as well?" She asked with a smile.
"I am." I replied.
"Do you just move into the apartment at the end of the hall?" She asked while putting her cell phone in her bag.
"I moved in today actually."
"Well it's nice to meet you! My name is Blue." She said with a toothy smile.
"I'm Red."
"I hope to see more of you around!" She waved before entering her apartment.
"You too!"

She seems nice, I do hope to see more of her actually. I know zero people in this large city, so it would be nice to have someone familiar with the city. Hell, this is my first time at all being in Saffron. I only knew about the pizza shop since I saw it coming here.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and set the pizza on the coffee table. Pikachu dug straight in and devoured his portion. I hooked up the tv first out of everything. I shamelessly binge on every tv series I can find. Mom once thought that I had died in my sleep since I was binging Supernatural for a week and a half without answering my phone.

Pikachu and I watched Scrubs as we ate our dinner. I have work tomorrow at nine, so I can't stay up too late. I wished that I could have moved in yesterday so I could fully get moved in and buy groceries or something. I also need to purchase a bike to get around town and to work. I can't afford a car just yet and since this city is so busy, it will probably be better to just use a bike. I need to get adapted to the crazy city before making drastic purchases.

"Come on Pika, it's time for bed." I said with a yawn.
"Pika pika."
"I forgot to tell you that you can't come to my job with me tomorrow, so you'll be alone until I get back." I explained while getting into my bed.
"Pika!" He said with a worried expression.
"I'll miss you, Pika, I'll bring home a treat if I cane for you." I said while rubbing his head.

I laid my head down on the pillow and started to drift asleep. I really am nervous about coming here in my own. Mom told me that it wasn't a good idea, but I told her I would be fine. I hope that I'll like my boss and coworkers, and I hope to make friends.

I woke up at around one in the morning due to the music being played somewhere. Are you kidding me?! People here have wake up early! I rolled over and covered my ears with my pillow. I stayed like for about five minutes until I was wide awake. I aggressively got out of bed and walked to the wall of my bedroom and pressed my ear against it. Well, the music isn't coming from next door, where is it then?

I went to the front door of my tiny apartment and heard the music a little bit louder. I could tell what song was playing. Who ever it is has a good taste in music, but that's not the point! I opened the door and could tell it was coming from across the hall. I want to do something about it, but I don't want to be that guy. I'll be known as the grumpy old fart who complains about every little noise. I sighed and went back into my bedroom. If the music continues to play tomorrow night, I'll knock on the door to ask them to turn it down. I surprised that no one else on this floor has complained.