Chapter 4: Pool Times

I got back to my apartment at around four. I need to put on my best swim trunks, I gotta look good for the ladies. I also made my hair look a bit better by putting dry shampoo in it. I know it's dumb to use it if I'm gonna get wet anyway, but I don't plan on getting in till later. I fed Pikachu a quick dinner so he wouldn't get hungry while we're gone. I need to tell Crystal to come to my apartment.

"I'm ready to leave. I'm on floor eight room sixteen."
"I'll be right down!"

Should I eat something before I leave? I'll have some Doritos I guess. My favorite ones are the cool ranch flavor.

"I'm here!" Crystal said as she opened the door.
"Hey Crystal."
"I want you to meet my friend, Chumee!"
Crystal has a Smoochum with a star pendant around its neck. Come to think of it, Crystal always wears star earrings.
"Where's your Pikachu?" She asked.
"Pika! Come here!" I called. Pikachu came running from his favorite spot to greet our visitors.
"Pi pikachu!" He said.
"Smoo smoochum!"
"Looks like they like they'll be great friends, let's go to the pool now!"

Crystal led me to the back of the lobby where the entrance to the pool was. I can't believe I'm just now coming to it. When you first exit the building, you immediately see the pool. It's shaped with a big rectangle in the middle with squares coming out of the corners, it's a giant pool.

"We usually sit but the corner in the back right." Crystal explained while leading me towards the spot.
"This is a cool pool."
"I hung out here every day last summer! Look, there's Green and Blue!"
Blue is here? They must be dating. Darn, Blue is taken.
"Hi you guys!" Crystal said while waving to Blue and Green.
"Hi Crystal, oh and Red!" Blue said while putting her sunglasses on her head.
"Hey Red!" Green said with a smile.
"So you've already met Red?" Crystal asked while setting her stuff down on a pool chair.
"I met him in the elevator the other day." Blue said.
"Yup." Green said.
"Where is everyone else?" Crystal asked.
"Yellow is still at the Pokémon Center and Gold and Silver are doing who knows what in their room." Blue explained.
"Oh alright, I brought snacks!" Crystal said while taking a macaron basket out of her bag.
Good thing I didn't eat a lot before I left, I have a weakness for macarons. We all talked for a little while. Crystal and Blue were mostly talking about how Yellow is constantly late to everything.

"So, you like it here so far?" Green asked while the girls were still chatting.
"Yeah, it's nice, I like my apartment."
"That's good, did you always live in Celadon?" He asked.
"No, I went there for college. I grew up in Pallet Town." I said while laying down in the pool chair.
"You're from Pallet Town?! I am too! How did I not know you?!" He beamed.
"I don't know, what high school did you go to?" I asked. How did I not know him? The town was small, I would have remembered him.
"Oh, I left Pallet Town after elementary school to live in Cianwood City in Johto."
"Where did you live before you left, I might know where it is." I asked.
"I lived in the house behind the Pokémon lab. The professor is my grandfather." He explained.
Wait, he's Professor Oak's grandkid, Green Oak? Maybe.
"Wait, are you Beans?" I asked. Green's face turned red when I asked that.
"Beans!!" Blue exclaimed after overhearing our conversation.
"Haha yeah, Gramps liked to call me Green Beans when I was a kid because of my name and that I was skinny. I didn't know that he still refers to me as Beans." He said embarrassed.
"Green hates being called Beans!" Crystal said with a laugh.
"I wouldn't mind if you would call me it though." He said to me with a smile.
What the hell is that supposed to me, is he flirting?! I'm a guy! And he has Blue!
"The ship has sailed!" Crystal exclaimed.
"What?" I asked. What is she talking about? Blue laughed along with her, and Green didn't say anything about it.
"Oh it's nothing." She said, still laughing. I must be dumb or something.

"What's up party people!" A boy with gold eyes said.
"Finally you two are here! What were you doing?!" Blue exclaimed.
"We over slept." A boy with long red hair said.
"Whatever Silver." Crystal said while rolling her eyes.
"Lets swim!" Gold said while jumping into the water.

Everyone else got into the pool, except for me and Green. Why won't he get in?

"Why aren't you going with them?" He asked.
"I don't want to get wet yet." I said. Green kind of smirked when I said that.
"Not yet huh?" He said.
"Yeah." I replied. What's his deal?
"Will you want to later?" He asked with the same smirk.
"I guess so." I said. He paused for a second.
"Then let's get wet!" He said while picking me up bridal style towards the pool.
"Hey! What are you doing?!" I yelled.
Green jumped into the pool with me in his arms. What is wrong with him!
"Green! Don't do that!" I shouted. I was embarrassed, he picked me up bridal style! But I kind of liked being so close to him, he has a hard chest...stop thinking like that!
"I wanted you to get in the pool!" He said while wringing the water out of his spiky locks.
"You didn't have to pick me up." I mumbled.
"That was so cute!" Crystal yelled. My face turned bright red.
"Let's go over towards them." Green said while pulling me to their corner.

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" A girl with long blonde hair said.
"It's about time Yellow! We've been here for about two hours!" Blue exclaimed.
"Sorry! Nurse Joy needed some help!" Yellow explained while getting into the pool.

The seven of us mostly talked about random stuff. Green talked about his job. He said that he painted the murals across the city. Now that he said that, I remember seeing a mural of a giant Dophan with some Pidgey flying on the side of a building. It's a pretty impressive masterpiece honestly, I could do nothing like that. I also found out that Gold and Silver are a couple and live together here. Yellow is Nurse Joy's assistant and lives two floors above of Blue and I.

"I have to get going, I work tomorrow." I explained while getting out of the pool.
"Party pooper!" Blue said.
"It's only nine!" Crystal exclaimed.
"I sleep a lot." I explained.
"Alright, bye Red!" Green said with a wink. I blushed when he winked.

I called Pikachu back from playing with Chumee. I wonder why everyone else didn't bring their Pokémon, they must not have any. On the walk back to my apartment, I couldn't stop thinking about Green. Why did my heart flutter when he picked me up? I hated it but liked it at the same time, and when he winked! Do I like him? Nah, I'm just attracted to his talent, it has to be! I can't like him like that.