Ch 1

"SIS SIS! GET UP!"

I groan sitting up from my clam bed. I'm Dipper I'm 16 and a siren. My twin Mabel who kinda looks like me is a mermaid. Every other four generations of the pines family one pregnant mother gives birth to a cursed child and that would be me. Mabel is lucky that she didn't get cursed.

Every day I would have mermen staring at me married or not. It's creepy. My tail is a deep sea blue my find are a teal color. Every time I sing a pattern of dots and swirls would glow on my body.

"Come on Sis! Let's go out!"
Mabel pulled me out of my clam. We swim down to the lower level of the under water house that we live in and grabbed some breakfast and swam off. We came to the edge of town but was stopped by a few guards.

"Halt!"

"Um can we pass through please we always go out into the open. Our Great Uncles allowed us to-"

"I'm sorry ladies but we can't have anyone leaving this town today."
A guard said.
"What why?" Mabel said.

"The prince and king and his son will be arriving later."

"Did our town do something bad!?"

"No. Nothing like that. They're highnesses are looking for a mate for the prince."

I was going to speak out and argue about it but Mabel told them thanks for the information and took my arm and swam away.

"I can't believe they're going door to door for a pretty girl."
I say as Mabel pulled me into our room set me on a rock stool and played with my hair.
"Why can't people just pick a girl that they know and like?!"

I continue to rant as she played around with my hair and face.
"Mabel say something-"

"All done."

I looked in the mirror to see my eyes stand out more my long hair was smooth with some volume.
"Mabel! I'm already cursed don't make this worse."

"I'll take it off I just-"

"THE KING AND PRINCE ARE HERE!" We here yelling.
"Crap." There was pounding on the door and we heard grunkle Stan open it.
"All single girls are needed outside."

"Sorry my niece is with someone."

"We saw two girls come here now let us through."

"RUN DIPPER!"

I swim to the window and swim out. A guard was near my tail. I go to the roof and swim off to the coral forest. Guards were there.
"Stop her!"

I look behind me to see the prince.
"Stop!"
I was grabbed by a guard. I hissed. The prince watched me struggle. I was out of breath so I looked down hiding my face behind my long chocolate hair.
"Why did you run?"

I didn't say anything. He moved my hair out of my face.
"Your very beautiful."

"Everyone has told me that."

"Well then I chose you."
He pulled me out of the guards arms and pulled me back to town by my wrist. People were talking and whispering.
"Tad you found someone who has caught your interest?"

"Yes. Although I can't say she feels the same."

Prince Tad showed me to the king.
"Then she will come with us to the palace. Come now."

"Hold on! I'm not gonna just drop everything to get married!"
I shout pulling at my arm.
He pushed me into a carriage getting in himself and left.

"Your highness I'm sorry but I'm not willing to marry."

"You will do so or your village will be destroyed." The king said.
I sat there in silence.