19

Nese and Gulizar were smiling at Vanessa and asking her about her movie. And Vanessa was smiling back responding happily. They were both really good at her, making her feel a part of their family.
- I wanted so much to meet you, Mesut talks about you all the time.
Gulizar said.
Vanessa's eyes avoided Mesut's on purpose. She didn't trust herself to look at him.
- He really does. To tell you the truth I was afraid you two had fought. Because Mesut said that you couldn't come today.
Nese added.
Vanessa looked at Mesut briefly.
- Yes, because I wasn't supposed to come. Because....I....
Mesut looked at her holding his breath.
- Because I was in the studio and we have a lot of work these days. So, I told Mesut that I wasn't coming but it happened to finish earlier so I came.
She responded.
Mesut let out the breath he was holding.
- And where's the ring ?
Gulizar asked.
Vanessa looked at her confused.
- Which ring ?
Gulizar looked at Mesut.
- I thought Mesut proposed.
She replied raising her eyebrows.
- Well, mom......
- I don't wear it everywhere, because I don't want everyone to know that we're about to get married. I don't wear it in the studio, for example. So, I left it home.
Gulizar seemed convinced with the answer.
- I thought that you rejected his propose. And Mesut seemed down when we came. I don't know. I thought you had even broken up.
Mesut didn't seem eager to speak. Vanessa thought that he didn't want to lie to his family, so she responded again.
A smile appeared in her face.
- How could I reject his proposal ? And of course we haven't broken up.
- If he does anything inappropriate, you have to tell me.
Nese said, making a face at Mesut.
Vanessa squeezed Mesut's hand.
- He's unable to hurt me. Don't worry.
Mesut looked at her, with a sad expression being all over his face.
- I'm sorry.
He whispered, kissing her hand.

Vanessa placed the dishes in the dishwasher. Mesut appeared in the kitchen and stared at her for as long as she took her to notice him.
Vanessa smiled at him and continued with the dishes.
- They liked you.
Mesut commented.
Vanessa turned to face him.
- I liked them too. For how long are they staying ?
She asked.
- For a couple of days. I show them the guest room. And....Vanessa....
He paused.
Vanessa looked at him, waiting.
- Yes ?
- Thank you.
Vanessa smiled.
- I didn't do anything.
Mesut chuckled.
- You did. I didn't tell them.....you know.....
Vanessa nodded.
- It wasn't a big deal.
- I love you.
He said out of the blue.
Vanessa smiled even brighter.
- I know.
- And I'm sorry. I never really realized how you felt until today. And I don't know why you covered for me previously.
- It wasn't a big deal. But, I want to ask you something.....
Mesut nodded.
- Did you tell them that you were actually going to propose ?
Mesut half smiled.
- Nese was with me when I bought the ring.
Vanessa nodded.
- The ring that Tanya's wearing.
She spoke her thoughts aloud.
Mesut's expression saddened again.
- I know. But it wasn't supposed to be like that Vanessa and I know that it's hard for you to believe it, but I swear it was a huge misunderstanding.
Vanessa nodded.
- Yeah, okay.
- You don't believe me, do you ?
- I don't know. But anyway, it's not the right place for us talking like that. I mean, you don't want your family to learn that we're not together right ?
Mesut nodded.
- So, I'll leave. I had a great time and I like both your mother and Nese.
Vanessa half smiled at him and grabbed her purse. She wore her coat and made her way till the door.
- Are you sure you don't want to stay ?
Mesut asked.
- Yeah, I'm sure.

It was raining heavily when Vanessa arrived at her house. She was also sure that she had seen lightning. And she was afraid of lightning. She guessed, she owed that to her brother that scared her when they were both younger. Vanessa didn't have an umbrella with her but she guessed it was not much of a big deal. She climbed out of her car and she felt immediately the rain. She ran till her house's door when a car stopped in the road of her house. Someone got out of the car and closed the door loudly behind him.
- Vanessa!
She recognized Mesut and her jaw dropped open.
- What.....what are you doing here ? Didn't I just leave your house ?
Mesut approached her.
- Vanessa, this is ridiculous.
- I know, and it's raining, can we talk indoors ?
Mesut ignored her.
- I know that this is the worst moment I could have picked for this. And I know that I have screwed up and that I have made everything wrong. And I'm sorry. But I feel like I want to do this.
- Mesut, can't you just do whatever you want to do indoors ? It's raining heavily and I'm shaking. Please.
- No. You'll listen to what I have to say and then you can go indoors.
Vanessa felt shivers down her spine. A lighting lit up Mesut's face.
- Okay, hurry up. I'm afraid.
Mesut hesitated for a moment. He then looked at Vanessa seriously who didn't seem to find this funny at all and kneeled down.
- I don't know how to make this moment special. I can only just ask. Will you marry me ?
Another lighting lit their faces and Vanessa's mouth opened in shock.
- Mesut this isn't funny. I'm afraid of lightings and I'm cold, please let's get indoors.
- You didn't answer. I'm serious Vanessa. I want an answer. Now.
- But.....
- We're not going anywhere if you don't respond. Will you marry me ?
He repeated.
Vanessa thought that the raining was even heavier than before and a lighting lit the sky again.
- Oh my God, yes, I'll marry you. Just come inside I can't be here any longer. I'm afraid.
Mesut smiled.
- You mean that ?
- Yes, I'll marry you. I'm afraid of lightings you fucking know that.
Vanessa searched for her keys in her purse but Mesut made her to face him with a wary expression all over his face.
- You didn't say that, because you wanted just to go indoors, did you ?
Vanessa paused.
Mesut placed his hands in her face.
- Answer me Vanessa.
- No, I didn't. I mean, yes I did it for that too and I'm cold Mesut. You could have asked me this indoors. But I want to marry you. I mean it. I do want to......
Mesut interrupted her placing his lips on hers. It was maybe the most intense kiss they had shared but another lighting made Vanessa push him away, being still breathless. She opened her door with trembling hands and they both entered, being soaking wet. As long as the door closed behind them, Vanessa pulled him again close to her in an even more demanding kiss. They made their way to her room, breaking everything in their way. They couldn't get enough of each other in that moment. And Vanessa knew she had made the right decision.

Vanessa splashed water in her face and brushed her teeth so not to have the scent of vomiting in her mouth. She had thrown up again. She hoped that she hadn't woken Mesut up but she really doubted it. It was around three after midnight and Vanessa had woken up, feeling sick. This thing was no good. She had taken the best of her. She felt so vulnerable. She made her hair in a bun and exited the bathroom. She felt awful. Her room was dark and she sat in her bed where Mesut was laying beside her. She felt a hand in her arm and he placed a kiss in her cheek.
- What's wrong Vanessa ?
He asked bringing her close to him.
Vanessa's eyes filled with tears.
- I don't know.
She whispered.
- We're going to see a doctor.
He said steadily, kissing her hair.
Vanessa smiled.
- We ?
- Yes, we. Now that we're going to be married we'll be more we than ever.
Vanessa placed a small kiss in his lips.
- I love you.
- I love you too.
Mesut kissed her neck, causing her to search for his lips. Soon enough she was on top of him, kissing his bare chest.
- I want you.
She whispered between the kisses.
Mesut smirked.
- Again ?
Vanessa nodded.
- Again.

Vanessa refused to eat the next morning because she felt even more dizzy.
- How about taking the day off from the studio today ?
Vanessa laughed.
- You can't be serious. These scenes won't be filmed on their own.
Mesut laughed.
- Okay, but be careful. And.....we should set a date, don't we ?
He bit his lip.
He was actually afraid that Vanessa was going to take everything back and reject him again. And that was his greatest fear, since he met her. That she would reject him.
- Why are you so hasty ? You didn't even propose normally.
She teased.
- Yeah, I'm an idiot. I promise that I'll do. Just.....just promise me that you won't change your mind.
Vanessa smiled.
- I won't.
Mesut pecked her lips.
- I love you.
He mumbled.
- I love you more.
A passionate kiss replaced the previous one in which Vanessa couldn't help but smile.
- Are you happy mrs. Taylor ? Or do you prefer mrs. Ozil ?
- Thank you, but I think I'll keep my name.
Vanessa said laughing.
- No problem with that.
He said placing her body close to his.
- You had me exhausted since last night.
Mesut smirked.
- Oh, mrs. Taylor we just started.

Vanessa was really happy. For how long though ? She kept asking herself. Everything seemed to be perfect. She met Mesut's mother, he asked her to marry her and he apparently meant it. So, what was the problem ? She felt like she had forgotten something. She just couldn't remember what. Yes, there was definitely something missing. Something she had skipped. But what ? She got outside her car and made her way to the studio. She couldn't wait to tell Louisa the news. She had no idea how was she going to react. As she walked into the studio, she bumped into Tanya.
- I'm sorry Vanessa.
She said.
And then Vanessa remembered what she had skipped.

Dear readers,
Thank you so much for the 1k reads!
I just want to let you know that there are only four chapters and an epilogue left, but there'll be another part with Louisa and Aaron. I don't know when I'm going to post it though, I guess as long as I finish my other story.
Thanks again,
xx