Part 1

A page, tall and skinny, with a head of brown hair, rushed down a long hallway covered in windows and banners

A page, tall and skinny, with a head of brown hair, rushed down a long hallway covered in windows and banners. He entered a throne room. There was 6 thrones but only 1 was being used. The page kneeled.

"Your highness, I have a letter from a spy over in Derse."

"Great. Bring it here," The prince spoke. He had blonde hair, carefully styled(in his opinion and his opinion only). The page approached and handed him an envelope. "Thank you Jake." Jake nodded. The prince took a moment to read the letter. His expression grew cold. 

"What is it sir?" Jake stood patiently.

"Aranea's been captured. The queen has eyes on us." A gasp came from Jake.

"Prince Dirk...what if...she has spies here?"

"She does! I know she does! How do I know YOU aren't a spy!?" A silence fell upon the room as Dirk yelled out in frustration. "Out. Everybody out." He stared at the floor as Jake and the group of guards filed out. He tapped his fingers on the arm of the throne. He felt awful. He was sitting in his father's throne. To his left was his mother's throne, dead. To his right was his own. Next to his was his brother's throne, gone. Beyond his mother's was his two sister's thrones. One of his sisters hangs around town, hiding, the older one. The younger sister just...disappeared. They were all together, happy, before Mother and Father got sick. Dirk stood up and took one last glance at the row of seats before walking off to his chambers.

Dirk opened the doors to the balcony attached to his chambers but was taken aback. A girl, with short and curly hair stood, looking off the balcony. She was dressed in a dark blue outfit.

"Roxy?" He froze in his place. It had been months since he'd seen her last and he'd assumed she was dead. 

"Hello brother." She turned around and smiled. Her cheeks were scarred and there were a couple leaves in her hair.

"Where have you been?!" 

"Around. You know. Dropped in on Derse. Did a little spying. Took a trip to Prospit. Saw some old friends. Found a witch coven. Brother, you would not believe how wrong Father was about witches. Those woman can work wonders on a deep wound. I would be dead if it wasn't for them."

"I don't care about the damn witches I care about why my sister up and leaves in a time of need. It was ONE DAY after our OWN DAD dies, and you LEFT ME ALONE!" This day was just really stressing him out.

"Maybe if you hadn't locked yourself away after Mom died I would feel more compelled to stay!"

"Maybe you shouldn't have come."

"You're right for once. This was a mistake." She pushed past him and walked out. Their relationship was always on the rocks, now more than ever. Everything seemed to be a struggle. He was all alone. Only 17 years old. And stressed beyond belief. Who can blame him? 

~