XLV - All Is Not Forgiven

This picture makes me die laughing every time I see it😂💙
-
I woke up the next morning in Bryce's bed, my head pounding and my throat sore from all the crying I did last night.

I stared up at the white ceiling, my thoughts still for the first time since last night. I was feeling so much that it was like I was feeling nothing at all.

Reaching over to my nightstand and checking my phone, I saw that Shawn had left me a voicemail at four this morning. Sighing before I opened it, I pressed my phone to my ear.

"Hi darling," his voice sounded tired and strained, like he'd been holding back from crying all night and was about to break, "I hope the phone ringing didn't wake you up at all. I know you have a hard time falling asleep, you really should get more rest," he chuckled softly, "I just wanted to tell you that I am so deeply in love with you, and I care about you so much. I'm so incredibly sorry for what I've done, and I would take it all back in an instant if I could. I just wanted to remind you that I love you more than anything. You're so precious Maggie, what we have together is so amazing . Please don't end things between us because of one stupid mistake. I want to make this work. I love you endlessly darling, goodnight."

Running my hands down my face as I let out a sigh, I let his words sink in. I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs, finding Bryce in the kitchen eating cereal. He'd slept in his older brother's room for the night, since he was away at college.

"Good morning sunshine," he smiled, trying to cheer me up.

"Good morning," I replied, my voice sounding small and slightly hoarse.

"How are you doing?" he asked me as I poured myself a glass of orange juice.

"I feel like I got hit by a bus," I said, placing the juice container back in the fridge.

"You kind of look like it too," he joked, trying to make me laugh.

I gave him a soft smile as I sat across from him at the kitchen island.

"He left me a voicemail last night. He just kept saying how much he loves me," I mumbled.

Bryce looked up from his phone and set his gaze on me, a consoling look on his face, "I know he made a huge mistake, and I'm not justifying his actions at all, but he does love you, Maggie. A whole lot."

"What am I supposed to do now?" my voice choked out, my eyes threatening to tear up as memories of last night flooded through my mind.

"Whatever you want to do. Just take it one step at a time, and don't rush yourself to make any permanent decisions. Everything takes time," he said soothingly.

I nodded my head as I stared into my glass, tapping my fingers against it.

My phone buzzed against the granite counter top, drawing me out of my thoughts. I picked it up and looked at the illuminated screen, reading the message I'd just received.

Shawn:
I'm sure you've heard my voicemail by now, but I wanted to say that I'm so incredibly sorry. I know I don't deserve it, but please give me a chance to explain myself. I'll be at the Dunkin' Donuts in the next town over in forty five minutes, please meet me there if you would like to. I love you so much

I slid my phone across the counter top, showing Bryce the text. "Are you gonna go?" he asked, sliding my phone back over to me.

"I think so...I don't know," I sighed, "I don't owe it to him to hear his explanation, and I'm not forgiving him for anything. But the sooner we talk about this the sooner it's all over, and the sooner we can move on with our lives. He might've broken my heart last night, but I still love him. Feelings like that don't just go away in an instant. If there's any chance we can move past this, I want to know," I explained, and he nodded in response.

I know I was stupid for considering taking him back so soon, but I loved him too much to even entertain the thought of leaving him for good.

-

Bryce dropped me off at my house so I could shower before meeting Shawn. I hadn't looked in the mirror yet today, and Bryce was right. I did look like I got hit by a bus. My eyes were a bit swollen from crying so much, bags evident under my eyes from the lack of sleep. My cheeks were still flushed and my lips were plump.

I turned on the shower and stripped my clothes off, stepping into the warm stream of water. I washed away all of my negative thoughts as I showered, trying to keep it together despite the internal wreckage I was trying to crawl out of.

When I got out of the shower I dried off, wrapping one towel around my body and another around my hair.

I dug around in my closet for a couple minutes, the only clean, comfy clothes I could find being a pair of leggings and one of Shawn's sweatshirts.

"Oh, great," I groaned to myself, grabbing the two items and standing back up.

I quickly changed and grabbed my keys, heading to the Dunkin's outside of town.

-

I walked into the building and immediately saw Shawn. I couldn't see his face, but I instantly recognized him. Damn him for looking so good, even just from behind.

I walked past his seat and sat across from him, his eyes lighting up when he looked up at me.

"You came," he smiled softly, "and you're wearing my sweatshirt," he grinned as I pulled the sleeves down to cover my hands, folding my arms and leaning against the edge of the table.

"It was the only clean sweatshirt I could find, don't think too much of it," I said dryly.

He nodded as the lights behind his eyes dimmed, sitting back against his chair.

"I got you an iced blueberry coffee with cream and sugar. I know that's your favorite," he said, motioning to the drink sitting on the table in between us.

"Thanks," I said quietly, fighting the small smile that was threatening to pull on my lips in response to his sweet actions. I took a sip of the drink, setting it down on the table.

"Remember the first time we came here, and I accidentally knocked over your drink?" He chuckled, "And the old couple sitting across from us got annoyed because we were laughing so hard," he said, looking down at his lap and smiling at the memory.

He picked his head back up to look at me, licking his plump lips before opening them to speak. "Thank you for coming, really. It means a lot to me," he said, sincerity flashing through his honey-tinted brown eyes.

"Well I'm here, start explaining," I said.

He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, leaning forward and resting his arms against the table like I was.

-

STORY TIME😂
You guys tell me that you like when I put some drama in my author's notes lol so here's a story for you:

So my guy best friend told me he's had feelings for me for a really long time a few months ago, but I don't feel the same way. He knows I don't feel the same, and I really can't see myself ever falling for him for a lot of reasons, but he's so persistent about it. He's sent me huge paragraphs telling me how much he likes me at least once a week for the past couple of months, and at first it was cute, but now he's starting to tell me he's in love with me and I definitely don't feel the same and it gets so awkward sometimes😂😂😭😭

Anyways,
You know you're from New England when you write about Dunkin' Donuts and not Starbucks😂

Honestly this chapter is such a filler, but I needed something to transition. I'll update again in a couple of days💞