Chapter 16 - Frozen Hell

Something cold wraps my body. It feels like a winter's night, the soft balance of wind. But it is definitely not comforting. The inch of fear crawls up my spine, my mind woozy and blank as images blur together to form a blob of darkness.

Just plain. Cold. Darkness.

I feel something prob at my side, the heat of a shape slowly blowing hot air across the surface of my skin. My eyes pinch before clattering open, my ears keen to the sounds that vibrate around me. I grasp the nearest thing to me. Cold metal stuck to my palm. It feels like iron is clasped around my wrist, tightly. 

"You're awake darling." A statement booms through my head. I cringe back, the shackles clanging together and making rubbish amount of noise. 

Through small slits in between my eyelids, I can make out the shape of a human, bent over me as large eyes inspect me up and down. I grasp the shackles in a dirty handle, my hair flopped and dirty, all pushed to one side. I grip my teeth tightly together, fighting the sensation of fear that tightens around my throat. I feel savage, stripped of humanity and left to rot. 

I feel the cold shackles as the heat buzzes around me. The voice booms through my mind again, making me cry out. "Wake up you imbecile!"

A sting spreads throughout my cheek. I can already feel a bruise begining to form, blood oozing just below my eyes and slidding down my cheek like a tear. Why was I so weak? I'm a Cambion. I'm Lucifer's birth, power and strength. I can't be pinned down by a mere mortal, or an army in fact. 

Suddenly, the features begin to form together. Harsh cheekbones, long lashes and a dark buzz cut. A familiar sly smile forms across his face, not a single twitch in his expression. The bastard.

"Chase." I breath heavily, my gaze widening as the shackles ring across the room. "What're you doing here?"

"Bring you too justice, that's what. Reba knew there was something up with you, so she sent me and-" Chase leans down, slapping the sides of a large mastiff. It was black, claws digging into the cement floor, beady red eyes and skills to kill. "-Rover here to figure it out."

"Rover?" I cringe back as the hellhounds name rolls of my tongue, a large booming growls erupts from deep within his chest. 

"Yeah. We've been working a lot more than you have actually." Chase shrugs. He snaps with his fingers and the dog bounds off, leaving the tangy, warm room. "Reba knows what's going on. She isn't impressed that's for sure. I mean, getting cozy with the Winchesters? I never thought you would sink that low, Nettles."

I bite the inside of my cheek, my heavy gaze moving from Chase to the half ajar door. I focus on the metal knob, the iron framed door indulged with salt. I take a few short breaths and push with my mind. I feel the door waver forth and fro, the hinges creaking along dangerously until it slams shut. Chase whirls around, his eyes wide. I lock it from the outside.

"You pitiful creature. A human? Against a Cambion? Please. You'd rather be dead." I spat, feeling the energy seep back into my form as my eyes sunk into black pits. "You dare defy a Cambion? A cheerished creature made to kill off the entire human race with one snap of my fingers."

I can see him struggling now, taking a few steps back. I can feel the room cool, dipping into well below minus forty in mere seconds. A cackle of a laugh erupts from my throat. "You'd really think I would figure out who I am? Was that what you're hoping for?" I snarl, shaking against my shackles.

"Delora." A small smile flutters his cheeks. "You're a Cambion, but I'm a demon."

"A demon? You're a mere slave." I hiss, the single lightbulb flickering back and forth as I felt energy buzz through my body like an eletric storm. "You think you can defeat me?"

"Reba will." Chase grins, his eyes blinking and once they emerged again, black pits stared back. "I'm not the one you should be scared of-" He stops mid-sentence. His gaze drops down to his phone. "Oh look, a visitor."

Suddenly, a large man comes into the room. His gaze travels from Chase to myself, ressembling snakes within their merciless eyes. I knew who he was before he even began to speak. Dean and Sam talked about him on their way to my apartement, which seems so long ago now. I bite the inside of my cheek as Chase is whisked away. 

The man has a decreasing hairline, long curved brows and a smirky attitude. "Hello darlings." He says through a thick accent. I pull my brows together as his well polished shoes step forth. "Glad to finally meet one of my step grand children isn't it?"

His fingers trace my dirty jawline, his eyes pinned with the look of lust and hunger. "Crazy how much a fine speciman could be degrated to such a low point. Frolicking with the Winchesters haven't we?"

"Where's Reba?" I ignore his question, wanting mine in.

The man shakes his hand, a small smile creeping along. "She was... how may I say it... postponed?"

A shiver runs the length of my back, my stomach burning with the stench of hate. "Crowley, King of Hell aren't you?"

"Glad you know my name, darling." He smiles, pulling back from me. "Now I want to know, what you know."

I shake my head sternly, my gaze burning into his. The room cools a few degrees lower, small crystals forming at the edge of the room. I hated this. I hated being trapped. 

"Seems like we're going to have to push it out of you, one way or another." Crowley shrugs. "Seems like we're going to have to choose the path, leading to torture. This is going to be fun." He cracks his knuckles, the same sly smile splitting across his face like a plague.

Kill me now.