Chapter 1

Alex's POV
Alex messed up. Completely, terribly, messed up. He didn't blame Eliza for breaking up with him, if the roles were reversed he'd of done the same.

But he just couldn't say no.

God, he wished he had just said no, it was as simple as walking away. However he didn't and he couldn't change the past.

"Please..! I'm sorry Eliza!" Alex had told her, but she didn't listen.

"We're over, it's your fault Alexander, if you loved me you wouldn't have... have slept, with that girl," Eliza shot back between sobs.

"I do love you! I just... made a mistake..!" Alex tried to reason with her.

"It's not that simple..." Eliza said softly and slammed the door in his face.

Alex had decided he should leave.

He felt awful, Eliza was sweet, kind, beautiful, and he'd thrown all that away. Seeing Eliza cry and yell at him was probably the worst feeling in the world, to see the endless smile be replaced with tears... Alex didn't have words.

But what's done is done. If he could do it again he would slap Maria and told her to go to hell. He couldn't do it over though, so he packed up all his things and left their apartment.

Why didn't he just say no?

Eliza's POV
Eliza was sitting with her sisters in the apartment she now owned by herself.

"I hope that you... Burrnnn..." Eliza whisper sung as she watched all the love notes Alex had written her turn to smoke in the fire.

Angelica set her hand on Eliza's back, "do you feel better?" she asked softly.

Eliza hugged her blanket cocoon tighter, "y- yeah, a little," she told her older sister.

Angelica sighed, "I can go break his face if you want," Angelica offered.

Eliza gave a small laugh, "no, it's fine."

Angelica had a disappointed on her face, "aw... okay, I'll just order pizza then," she said and called up the local pizza place.

The truth was Eliza wasn't to mad at Alexander, she was furious with that Maria girl. She loved Alex, but... no, she'd done the right thing, like her sisters had said, Alex didn't deserve her. That didn't stop Eliza from hurting though.

"Anything I can get you anything?" Peggy asked, breaking Eliza out of her own little world of thought.

"N- no," Eliza said quickly.

"Me and Angie are going to go," Peggy told her, "Angie order pizza for you and call us if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay," Eliza replied, secretly Eliza was glad they were leaving, at the moment she mostly wanted to be alone.

Eliza went back into her own world, Maria, it was Maria's fault. Sure Alex was the one who didn't say no, but if she had never came this wouldn't have happened. Eliza decided that tomorrow she'd confront Maria.

~•~•~•~•~•~

After Eliza ate some of the pizza, she got ready for bed, and feel asleep thinking about what she'd say to Maria.

------------------------------------------------------
I can't write to well... sorry 😅