Chapter 10

:Marias POV:
Maria watch Eliza walked off. Something didn't seem right about Eliza. Maria debated following her. But figured it might look suspicious to everyone if her and Eliza were whispering, then both got up and went to the bathroom immediately.

She tapped the table, making small talk with Sally about the Schulyer family.

"Yeah, Peggy's amazing," Sally gushed.

Maria chuckled. "Maybe.. but Eliza's better."

Maria and Sally playfully bickered about their girlfriends for a few more moments before they're food came.

Maria started to get worried, it had been atleast fifteen minutes.

"Im gonna wash my hands." Maria stood up and announced to no one in particular.

She walked briskly over to the bathroom. She attempted to open the door, though it was locked. She knocked.

"Heyy... Liza, the foods here." She said. Putting her ear against the doorway in an attempt to hear Elizas response.

"Yeah... ill- ill be there in a sec.." she heard Eliza say, he voice hiccuping.

Maria tried to open the door again but it wouldn't budge. "Liza, are you okay?" Maria asked urgently.

"Y- yeah." Eliza said.

:Elizas POV:
Eliza hesitantly opened the door, gulping down the lump in her throat. "I um.. can we talk for a second..?" Eliza asked.

She was immediately met with a concerned look from Maria. "Yeah.. are you okay."

"Um.." Eliza took a deep breath. "Im so, like.. I don't think i can be with you..."

Maria looked at Eliza questioningly. Tears starting in her eyes. She hadn't known Eliza for a long time, but actually thought she was in love.

"Oh... um... did i do something..?"

"Nono.. its just, I don't think im ready... after Alex..." Eliza responded quickly, not wanting Maria to think it was her fault.

"Okay.." Maria looked away, putting on a sad smile. "I can understand that.. im.. gonna go." Maria said. Turning around and walking towards the door.

Eliza debated running after her. But just took a deep breath, walking back to her table. She had a fake smile when she sat down.

Angelica was the first to notice the absence of Maria.

"Were's your girlfriend?" She barked out teasingly. Unaware of Eliza's situation

"Wheres Thomas?" Eliza asked, her voice doing its best to remain steady.

Angelica just rolled her eyes. "He's in Monticello for family." She said in regards to her boyfriend. Not pressing Eliza's subject any further.

Sally however did not stop bombarding Eliza with questions about Maria. As apparently they had become quick friends. Also the fact she was unaware of why Maria was no longer there.

"Hey, Eliza, wheres Maria?"

"I don't know."

Hey, Eliza, did you know Maria had a dog?"

"No I didn't.."

"Probably because her ex, took them, yeah he was a jerk. Have you seen him?"

"James? No."

"Hey Eliza-"

Eliza was tires of Sally's questions. "Shut up! Im really not in the mood for this!" She snapped.

Peggy put a arm protectively around Sally. Taking a break from her conversation with John about the IT movie.

Eliza stood up. Slapping twenty dollars on the counter to pay for herself. Then ran out of the restaurant. Running towards her apartment, which would not have been possible if it wasn't for her aldrin rush. She just wanted to be alone to think.

Not to call Maria and ask for her back, or call her sisters for advice. Just to think.

:Marias POV:
Maria was not doing okay. She was grossly sobbing at how stupid she had been to herself while walking down the street.

'Why?

Why?'

Why?'

What had she done?'

She knew Eliza had said it was just to soon. But she couldn't shake the feeling it was her fault.

She shouldn't even be that sad, they hadn't known each other for very long.

But its funny how sometimes people have so much chemistry it turns to chaos, and all they needed was to have met at a different time.

Maria was not walking home.

She was walking to a bar.

She hated to be alone with her thoughts at times like these.

She opened the door to the small bar. Sitting down and ordering BEER. Cause she was over 21, but still don't drink til your 40 kids.

She felt someone sit next to her. She flinched lightly at the 'thud' of the seat.

She looked over to see John was the one who had followed her.

"Hi."

I JUST READ 'Dear Star Boy' SO PLEASE ENJOY MY CHAPTER MADE ENTIRELY OF SELF HATRED. Also imma try to finish this story up in the next few moments so.. yeah, til next time