Chapitre 1

I sat there, my thoughts stirring away with the calming ambiance of the snug coffee shop across the busy 10 am street. I looked out the window to my right, tapping my 1987 ink pen on the edge of my notepad, taking in the life I was living. I wouldn't say I was a jolly, successful 23 year old living a lavish life with a handsome husband who worked the 9 to 5 running his fathers renowned business, but if you do say, flying all the way to Paris with hopes and dreams, living in an old beaten up bed space apartment that's 7 minutes away from the coffee shop you work afternoon shifts at, for a few bucks a day, the same as a fantasy, then, yeah I'm living it....

I took a glance at my wrist watch, with a hopeful sigh of having at least 10 minutes before going to Mrs. Daphne's to baby sit her infuriating kids but to my great dismay, I was approximately 11 minutes late. I could already imagine her shredding away this month's pay chaque for making her late to work 3 times this week. I grabbed my backpack, ran straight out of the café, stumbling upon a man as I yelled out an apology, and then increased my pace down a few blocks until I was right in front of Mrs. Daphne, who looked terribly impatient standing next to her Cherokee in her business attire. "Third time this week, Carter. Third. Time. This. Week." She said in a rusty French accent, I looked down at my feet feeling ashamed "what are you still doing out here! Get inside!" "" I apologize Mrs. Daphne! I promise it won't happen again!" I yelled out jogging towards the mahogany Victorian front door that opened to four extremely energetic perishers. "CHARGGEEEE!" one of them yelled and that's when I realized I was going to spend the rest of the night rinsing off the stain on my favorite shirt.