Epilouge

The afternoon sun was shining down on the two of us (Ryan and I) from our perch on the roof.

"Hey Lucy, check out my battle scar." Peri was wrapped up in a blanket sitting next me to.

We were casually chilling on Aurora's roof. I was sipping a mug of warm tea and we both could see our breaths. I had just woken up about an hour ago. I cleaned myself up, tended to my scratches and bruises, took a shower. Peri was doing alright. Apparently whatever Connie gave me to boost my powers really worked because all Peri had was just a scar and orders to rest and take it easy. Which I was making absolute sure he was following.

Lucy chirped eagerly next to him and Ryan snorted. I'm sure it was something hilarious.

"And then he just walked away?" Ryan asked, going to back to our conversation.

I was telling her what happened in the woods.

"Yep, pretty much."

"Dang." She blinked, looking at her hands. "He's doing better though now, isn't he?"

"Oh yeah, assuming the slime is the corrupted part of him, we have a lot more time to save him now. Months before he's in that condition again." I assured, it was mostly for myself, stirring my drink with the tea back carefully.

Ryan patted me on the back. "Hey. You did good. We know where he is. We know how to save him, we just need to figure out how to make you stronger so you can get rid of the black slime in Felix for good."

I laughed. "Well whatever Connie made me drink sure did the trick."

"Yeah I'm pretty sure that was drugs." Peri clucked disapprovingly. "You're not doing that again."

I chuckled at that. "Yeah, sure buddy."

"I'm serious." He insisted.

"Remind why I kept your buzzkilling feathered butt around?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Remind me why I was paired up with an asparagus." He shot back, equally as playfully.

We all laughed at that and I realized just how close of a save that was.

"Hey Craig?" Ryan asked suddenly. "You think I have powers?"

"What?" I turned to her.

"You know, cause we're twins and all. It would just be cool." She sighed. "Sorry that's dumb."

"No it's not dumb." I assured. "I mean maybe. Have you ever tried?"

"I don't think so." Her eyes widened as she got the epiphany. "Huh."

"Yeah."

We let our legs dangle off the roof as the sun set. Smoke was drifting gout of the chimney as Aurora and her dad made dinner. It was supposed to be some extravagant celebratory meal. I just hope there was a lot of it because I was starving.

"Did you know Jason sat by your bed when you were unconscious." Ryan mentioned offhandedly.

I sat up like a bolt of lightning reaching towards the sky. "What? He did what?"

Ryan nodded. "Yep. All night until I took his shift. He was falling asleep in his hands when I found him, the poor boy. He must care a lot."

I turned bright red. "And you just mentioned this now?"

She shrugged. "It slipped my mind."

I let the smiled that was struggling to take over my face spread so cross my features like the nightly wings of a falcon. I was also blushing like an idiot.

"Wooooow." Ryan's head was propped up on her hand.

"Shut up." I pushed her and we both laughed again.

"Hey you guys!" Eryan burst through the door all of a sudden, very excited.

"Is dinner ready?" I asked, ready to defend into the food-coma of my near future.

"Nope! Even better. We've got mail, for all six of us!" She beckoned us inside.

"What's so special about a letter?" Ryan asked, looking confused.

Eryan slapped her forehead. "Right I forgot. It's who it's from that's special."

We looked at her curiously. Eryan took a deep breath to properly deliver this news to us. The finally:

"It's from the Queen! Apparently she wants to see us, as soon as possible!"

Ryan and I shared a look. Somewhere deep down inside me, why did I get the feeling this was the start of a new adventure?

THE END OF BOOK ONE

--------------

A/N: so this is a series y'all, meaning book two is ~in the works~
(Edit: it's published and you can read it)

Stuff you can expect in #2

Title: The Isle of Death
Due Date: Sometime near the end of the American school year, I'll update this book when it's out.
-there are crush confessions
-a cult leader and what do you know a cult
-Percy comes back yoooo
-Jason's backstory ;)

coming soon!

in the meantime I have a new book coming out on Christmas! It's called Wonderlust and it's about two trans boys who run away to California to find a better life and maybe something more ;)

I'm trying to finish half the book by then so there's a lot to look forward too. Please give it a read! You won't regret I promise.

that's all! Give some theories for book two in the comments, and have a lovely day!

-Jay