Porl X Prenott- Shattered (?)

3rd Person POV

It was silent on the battlefield. Aside from the gentle thumping of tentative footsteps and the quiet puffing of a breath that is trying to be concealed. Prenott stealthily ran along, lunging from shadow to shadow, using her limb enhancers to her advantage, using them to lengthen her stride. The downside to the mechanical feet was that, well, they were metal, and they crunched on the dry dirt that she stood on. She slowed, and with every crunch, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. What if someone heard her trying to reach a warp? Well, she thought, it wouldn't be so bad if the person who found her was a Homeworld Gem, but if it was a rebel...

Prenott was so lost in her thoughts, that her breaths were coming harder and faster, her steps were losing control. She had started running again, but she wasn't sure when, what for, or what from. All of a sudden, something cold pressed at her neck, and she froze. It was a sword. A chilling voice spoke.

"Well well well. What do we have here? Ha ha ha. I found you, little peridot."

Prenott couldn't move. If she turned her head in the slightest, her throat would get slit. Prenott couldn't talk. She had nothing to say. Her mouth was dry from fear. Her throat tightened. That voice chilled her down to her figurative bone. It sent shivers down her nonexistent spine. She licked her lips for no reason other than comfort, and spoke:

"W-Who are you?"

"The gem that's going to end you before you can run away and blab to your precious diamond that you got a glimpse of the infamous renegade."

The blade pressed into her throat, and she swallowed.

"W-well then, If you're gonna s-s-shatter m-me," She spoke, trembling, "Please, please make it quick."

"Who said you could make orders here? Well, little peridot, I will make it quick, only because I do not wish to hear you screech. One last thing, though."

"Wh-what is it?"

"What's your name?"

"Pr-Prenott."

"Ha ha! Well then... Goodbye... Prenott."

The blade sliced through. She poofed.

Porl looked around. No-one in sight. Instead of smacking her sword down on the small, green, triangular gem on the floor, she paused, bent down and picked it up. Holding the slightly warm gem in her hand, she ran her slender thumb over it. She stood to full height, and encased it in a bubble, which she put into her gem. Looking around once more, she shifted into a falcon and flew off into the sky, and, all the while, Prenott's gem glinted in the bubble, safe and sound in Porl's gem.