Porl X Prenott - War and a Flower

Gems fighting-everywhere. The sounds of swords clashing-everywhere. The noise of a gem releasing their physical form-everywhere. Clouds of smoke-everywhere. Shards on the floor-everywhere.

Prenott and Porl both feared that they would be next.

Porl dodged an incoming headbutt from a helmeted jasper that was holding on surprisingly well considering her own swordsmanship, and jabbed forth with her sword, but the strike was a bit too low, so she slashed higher with her other sword, and, finally, she sliced the gem clean in two. The poof was imminent. She stumbled to her feet, scanned the perimeter, only to feel a thud to her back as a foolish amethyst tried to punch her. She simply pivoted on one toe, kicking them square in the stomach, knocking them away, straight into Grenot's path. She heard menacing footsteps behind her, and sighed, resigned to yet another battle.

Prenott shot a crackling green blast of energy in the general direction of an opposing onyx's face, but the onyx got alerted just before impact, and managed to dodge, before furiously charging, hammer at the ready, towards Prenott. Prenott backtracked slightly closer to a wall of rubble, and at the last second, jumped to the side, leaving the onyx to crash. Crash she did. So hard, in fact, that when Prenott lifted aside some rubble, there was only a few glittering black shards of a gem that had been shattered from rubble crushing it.

Both were fighting their hardest, whilst unconciously making their way closer to each other.

Porl rolled to the side, narrowly dodging a pike stab, and countered with a sweep of her sword.

Prenott shot another ball of energy, and leapt aside to dodge a javelin that was flying in her direction.

Porl leapt at an incoming ruby fusion (of five) and leapt into a somersault, slashing down with her swords.

Prenott jumped over an emerald captain, whirled around, and used her detached fingers to jolt the gem.

Porl twirled on the spot, making it very hard to hit a vital spot, and also making her a whirlwind of swords. She slowed, lunged to the side, swung outwards with her sword, luckily coming into contact with a tall, skinny body that, at the sharp sword slash which cut straight through, poofed into several gems.

Prenott ducked to avoid an incoming blow from a gauntlet, and jumped backwards to avoid a cannon ball. She rapid-fired a bunch of shots in a circle around her, watching as they flew outwards. Most gems dodged, but some didn't have time, or they accidentally backed into one. She poofed a few gems at once.

They were so caught up in fighting, that when they stopped, they were closer to each other than they realised, and they just backed into each other. Each gem whirled around to face their path's obstruction, but saw each other, and relaxed, turning back around. They were now back to back.

¨How many?¨

¨A ton. Of Homeworld clods. I bet them all, I assure you! Nye he he he!¨

¨Ahahaha, I'm sure you did. Well. let's do this.¨

¨You got it!¨

Porl handed Prenott one of her swords, who grasped it surprisingly firmly between her floating fingers. Together, they charged sideways at the closest group of enemies- a group of citrine. They burst through, already spinning superfast. The citrines yelled, and summoned their weapons in a flash of light from all directions. Several of them tried to attack solo, which didn't work, because they got sliced to shreds. They just gave up on that, and the remaining citrines closed in as one. Porl and Prenott were expecting this, however, and lit their gems. They seemed to start spinning even faster, and all of a sudden, they exploded into a blinding burst of whitish green.

Two sets of eyes -one of them stunning aqua, one of them pale caramel- gazed out over the stunned quartzes surrounding them. They held a long, deathly sharp sword in one normal hand, the sword's dainty handle clasped tightly between slender, pale white-green fingers, and the other hand, clad in an aqua blue hand enhancer, held an octagonal light blue shield aloft with the remaining cyan finger. They were slim, with pale greenish-whitish skin, wearing a pastel green-blue leotard with a yellow star in the middle of their chest. They were wearing baby blue knee high socks, with green slipons. They had a translucent, aqua tinted visor covering their four eyes and their two gems. Their streaky pale peach-green hair was a 3D...shape, with points on the top, out the back and to each side. They wore a determined smirk along with their resolute gaze.

Olev stood there, silently taunting the half obliterated squadron of citrine. Then and there, the remaining citrines became enraged at this...creature, and yelled, as they closed in with their weapons jostling. Olev threw out a pulse of energy, throwing the citrines back into various piles of rubble or just onto the floor. One even made contact with another soldier, pushing them and causing them to faceplant right onto their gem, which was on their nose, cracking it badly. Some gems stumbled to their feet faster than others, and the first gem that reached Olev... poofed. Same with the second. And the third. The remaining five citrine sighed, and joined hands, also becoming a formidable fusion. But no fusion was more battle ready than the fusion of the renegade pearl and the only remaining peridot with powers. They swung their sword in an elaborate shape, and the citrine was so focussed on the sword, that they didn't notice that Olev was inching closer, and all of a sudden, Olev stabbed, and whirled the sword in a spiral, which made a spiral shaped cut straight through the other fusion. Olev used their shield to whack the citrine fusion into midair, where their spiral gash was shown to the entire battlefield. The fusion lit up very bright, and poofed straight into their gems.

Olev let a single fleeting thought pass through their mind.

Where is everybody?

That single thought split off into two strands, which also split off, and soon, their form was shaking with the amount of thoughts running through their shared mind, and with a cry, they destabilised, and Porl and Prenott flew apart, going so far that Prenott went over a tangled barricade of vines and rubble that got caught in it.

Porl saw some gems up ahead, and leapt at them, with both of her swords once more. Defeating them all with ease, she went back to where she had landed, and waited for an incoming assault. All of a sudden, however, she heard a cry of pain...

Prenott shakily got up, lacking a sword, only bearing her enhancers. A gem charged at her, and her fingers flew to her rescue, making a hollow cylinder that surrounded her. Translucent light sprung forth, creating a circular tube with no flat ends. It was a forcefield. It blocked the sudden blow, and flew back to her hands in firing position. She took the obvious hint, and shot 5 spheres of blazing green energy on each hand, all of which hit a gem, and they all poofed. But she was so focussed on them. Focussed enough that she didn't notice the large jasper creeping up behind her, with a crackling pronged instrument.

A large green cloud erupted, from where Prenott was last standing. Porl saw, and sprinted over there, only to find lime green shards scattered on a small patch of ground.

She stood, tears springing to her eyes.

She almost crumpled onto the floor.

But the fear of her broken gem joining the shards propelled her onward, and, though her knees threatened to fold, she continued to stand, to hold her ground. She blinked the tears out of her eyes (vision spheres, as Prenott would call them), and stood there, watching paranoidly for any enemy gems coming her way.

But nobody came.

The battle was finally over. She called out.

¨Rs! Grenot! ANYONE...!¨

But nobody came.

She called for her comrades again.

...

A call.

¨Porl! Where are you?!¨

¨I'm here, Rs!¨

Grenot found her first, as she collapsed to the ground beside the shards, Rs a little bit behind. Grenot saw those shards on the ground. No-one could see, but tears welled behind all three of her eyes. Rs's tears were more visible, and she gathered up the shards, hoping to mend them. But to no avail. She gently laid them back on the ground, covered them with a little dirt, and laid a nearby blossom on that slight mound.

That flower would live forever.