Ep. 26 "Dirt"

A/N

Here's the chapter all of you have been waiting for!!! It'll be in Daveed's POV. Enjoy!

**************

FADE IN:

The camera is focused on the empty stool. There's nothing in the frame and the only noise is coming from the producer in the background. The camera shifts to focus on him.

PRODUCER: I can't do this anymore.

DIRECTOR: Do what?

PRODUCER: This. We all watch the show and we all know the (expletive) going down. I have to say something.

DIRECTOR: You'll ruin the experience.

PRODUCER: The experience has already been ruined! This isn't what Love House is about and I don't want Daveed to make the wrong choice.

DIRECTOR: The choice isn't yours. If he wants her then fine.

PRODUCER: Would you really let that happen to him? He doesn't deserve her after all he's been through. I'm gonna tell him. It's the right thing to do.

DIRECTOR: You've ruined your show. Congratulations.

PRODUCER: I created this show so I can do what the (expletive) I want. Hand me the tapes.

[Daveed's POV]

"Once upon a time, once upon a time there was a middle of a story but fuck it they need some ends..."

I imagine the entire arena of empty seats are full of screaming fans and give this rehearsal everything I'd put in to an actual show. It feels amazing to just step foot on a stage.

Because fans have been requesting this for years, I've decide to reunite with my partners from Clipping and perform a few songs. Jonathan and Bill were the ones to talk me into it and the rehearsal alone is making me nostalgic.

"Shoot up in the air, see where it come down, see where it come down, don't look now-"

"Daveed, someone wants to talk to you."

I stop rapping to acknowledge the producer who doesn't look happy, necessarily. I put the microphone back on the stand and meet him at the edge of the stage. "What's going on?" I ask, squatting down to meet his level.

"I want you to watch this before making your final decision," he says, handing me a DVD.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's great. I just want you to watch this. It's really important," he insists. "It's been weighing heavy on my conscience and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't let you see this."

"Oh..."

"Tell me what you think when you're done. We'll go from there." He flashes a small grin and I nod, still not fully understanding the situation.

"Thank you."

"No problem." After that, he exits without a word.

I hand the DVD off to my assistant and continue the rehearsal. This time, it's a little hard to focus on my performance. The footage on this DVD must be really important if he came to me.