Phasing

Jacob's POV(suprise mf)

I text Ais that I'm alright for the fifth time. I smile at her concern for me.

I do feel alright except for the fact my body temperature is way beyond normal human temp. 108°F to be precise. I should be having a high fever according to Google but I feel fine.

"Jake. Come here." I hear Dad call me.

"Yeah. Just a minute." I yell back and make my way to the living room.

I see Sam and Paul with Dad in the living room.

"Why are they here?" I grumble.

"Calm down, Jake. They're here to help explain." Dad says.

"Explain what?"

"Unusual body temperature? Occasional shaking of body? Uncontrollable anger at a small matter?" Sam speaks up.

Strangely, he mentions all the things I have been experiencing the whole noon and evening.

"No, get out of my house." I ordered, clenching my jaw.

"This is part of your phasing, Jacob." Sam says.

"No more of that werewolf crap." I yell at him.

Anger fills my whole body up. All I can imagine is killing Sam with my bare hands. I start to shake violently. I run out of the house into the pouring rain.

My body feels like it's being stretched. I can hear the tearing of clothes. I scream at the ringing in my ears. My brain can't process anything and I slash away at everything.
Suddenly, the ringing stops. Everything is calm. I look down and realise I'm on all fours. I realise the damage I caused all the trees.

"Jake, where are you?" I hear Sam's commanding voice in my head

"What's happening?" I demand an answer from him.

"Come back to your house. I'll explain everything."

I look back and realise I've come to the deep end of the woods. I run back to my house, slipping on rocks on the way.

"Jacob. I need you to calm down." I hear Sam.
I see a wolf whose fur is all black. It looks fierce and bear-like.

"Jake, it's me, Sam

"Jake, it's me, Sam." I hear the black wolf.
"How can you talk in my head?"
I ask.

"Phase back into a human and I'll explain everything." He says calmly.

"How?"

"Tranquility. Think about someone you love. Calm yourself down and focus on getting your two legs back."

I take a deep breath and think about Ais. Her hazel brown eyes, which look even more beautiful when the light hits them. How her body perfectly fits into my body like she was sculptured for me. Her laugh.

It feels like the air is trembling around me, shaking out from me in small waves. I lift myself up on my hind legs, catching the moment just right so that I'm fully upright as I shimmer down into my human self.

"Spill." I order as soon as I put some clothes on and sat across them in the living room.
Naked infront of Sam Uley. Totally not awkward.

"All the legends that I've been telling you so far are all true. It's just you didn't choose to believe them." Dad says.

"Jake, we are our tribe's protectors, guardians. Phasing takes place to the descendants having direct link to Taha Aki. It only occurs when danger to the tribe is sensed." Paul speaks up.

"How can you talk in my head?" I ask.

"When we are all in our werewolf form, we can hear each other's thoughts. This is a gift that helps us in coordinating if we were to fight." Sam says.

"Why did I phase?"

"Your body sensed a danger to our tribe. The trigger point was your anger at Sam. You were very happy and content with Aisling so you phased late." Dad says.

"So, dad you're also a werewolf?"

"No, you have to understand, we only phase into werewolves if a danger to a tribe is sensed like a vampire near the tribe. In my time, there were no vampires so I never phased." He says calmly.

"Vampires?" I ask in disbelief.

I scoff.

"Jake, you were just a wolf a few minutes ago. Why is it hard to believe that vampires exist?" Paul questions, amused.

"Let's say for a moment, vampires exist. Who would those vampires be here?" I inquire.

"The Cullens." Sam says.

"Liar. My Ais is not a vampire." I shout and push him off his chair. The glass cabinet behind him crashes.

"Jake! Calm down! Sam is right. Aisling is not a vampire. The rest of her family members are." Dad shouts.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

Vampires?

"Then, isn't she in danger?" I start to panic at the thought of her being in the presence of vampires. Vampires sound ominous.

"She knows about it." Dad says.

"What? How?"

"You'll have to ask her yourself." Paul says.
Endless emotions run through my head. I grab my keys.

"No." Sam says and blocks the door.

"Let me go. I need to talk to her."

"Can't you see? If you go now,you're a threat to her safety. Your anger needs to be controlled. You'll hurt her."

"No, I won't ever hurt Ais." I yell and get angry at the thought of her being hurt.

"It wouldn't be your intention but she'll get hurt because you can't control your phasing right now. You might even kill her due to your anger."

"Your great-grandfather made a treaty with The Cullens that both of the parties would co-exist peacefully. We are not allowed to defend ourselves on their land. You cannot control your phasing right now. If you go there and phase suddenly, they'll see it as a threat. A war will break out. Do you want blood on your hands?" Sam continues.

I feel something break into little pieces on my hands. My keys.

"As the leader of the pack you are in, I forbid you to meet Aisling Cullen until you are able to control your phasing and anger." Sam commands.

A/N
So.. Jake is a werewolf now! Nothing new. Just everyday life in Twilight. Haha.
Enjoy.
-Simran