Chapter 1

The modern society values perfection and beauty to an extent it's almost fatal. Beauty standards are rammed into the younger generation's mind before they knew the significance of it. Every little girl's first girl crush had to be fairytale princess with perfect hair, perfect body who ends up with her prince charming. Every little boy wants to be superman or spiderman, running around the living room in his little red cape shouting 'Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's superman'

Yet reality is not that pretty. Sure we may have grown up in a wonderful loving family where our parents showers us with love and supports our dreams. But this story is not like that. These two people who are the kindest people i've ever met isn't quite as fortunate.

Min Yoongi was born and bred Daegu Boy and he is proud of it. He grew up in a not well off family. His mother was a stay at home mum, raising him and his brother while his father works day and night doing multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Just to make sure there's enough money to put food on the table and pay rent at the end of the month.

To Yoongi, his father is a formidable and scary figure. Of course, as a young child, he didn't know better. That is why when he expressed his desire to study music and work as a musician, his parents opposed it. Especially his father. To them, music is a risky area to explore as there is no guarantee that you will succeed. They didn't want Yoongi to live like them.But of course, yoongi didn't know this.

Since his parents didn't want to support him, being a rebellious teenager, after his high school graduation, he packed up and moved to Seoul, in order to find better opportunity. His parents was devastated that their son moved away but they knew that Yoongi would find his place in the world.

In order to achieve his dreams, he moved to a unfamiliar town on his own, with no one to turn to, no place to stay and no source of money. For a few months, he lived of convenience store food and selling any music that he composed to various companies for a little spending money. He spent most of his days busking on the roads of hongdae and myeongdong. Eventhough those few month counting pennies was torture, he was happy to be able to play his music to an audience, even if it was one person.

He dreamt of being scouted on the streets by entertainment companies but having an average face, it was kind of hard. Don't get me wrong. Yoongi is handsome , he has really cute monolids that disappear when he smiles and beautiful gummy smile. It's just he is on the short side but he's still taller than most girls so it's fine. It's just that street scouts often look for ulzzangs.

So in my intro i said i'll tell the story of 2 of my friends and so far i've only talked about Yoongi. Good things take time. Hold your horses, all in due time

After almost half a year living like a nomad moving from one motel to another and eating ramen everyday with little success on his music career, he was feeling tired and considered going back to Daegu and just forget about music and get a normal job as a salaryman. As he was wondering around hongdae, he came across a flyer for Big Hit Entertainment 2nd Audition Call.He decided there and then that he would try for one last time. If he failed this audition, he would move back to Daegu.

He sent in a video of him rapping and a demo of a song he's working on and wished for the best. After sending the video , he continued busking around hongdae until one day he received a call that he was required to come to the office of Big Hit for an official audition. I can only imagine that he was ecstatic by the news.

Let us move on to Y/N.

Tbc hehehe...

A/N this is my first time writing a fanfiction, i would love for anyone to comment to give advice or any kind of constructive criticism is welcome