Chapter One

Aelin had remembered the night everything went to all hell. It was also the night she became high fae. Made one That is. Everything had been going fine a party in Terrasan and Rowan by her side. Then the smoke. Aelin sensed the fire before she saw it. She couldn't control the fire.

It burned a bright blue against the walls of the palace as everyone rushed out. Beams falling people screaming and Rowan. He was screaming for her to run. When suddenly a beam had fallen hitting her in the back pinning her under a burning hell she couldn't escape. The the water came. Flooding the palace it was cool and welcoming it lifted the beam away Rowan had rushed over to her. She noticed a girl in cloak as she scanned the room. When she looked back the girl was gone.

Now she sits in a spare bedroom Feyre had offered her. Aelin had "died' that night from the burns then she had woken up here in her fae form finding herself unable to shift.

"Your high fae now" Someone had said entering the room. Aelin looked up. Feyre.

"High Fae?" Aelin asked.  "Yes the Seven High fae gave you life not their powers to be perfectly clear. It happened to me as well Inherited their powers"

"Were's Rowan?"

"Tracking down the girl you saw in the palace with Edward she's the one we believe to have started the fire."\

Fire. Fire she couldn't control.  Better Yet the girl seemed so.... Calming.

"dinners ready" Feyre said Aelin nodded following her out.