16;

Jimin's entire character changed at the drop of a hat, a smile almost constantly blowing across his soft features as if it was a leaf being carried by a steady breeze. He was constantly radiating happiness whenever Yoongi found himself around him. Neither of them had brought up the topic of Jimin's love-life, because they had no reason too. Namjoon (whoever he was, Yoongi still had never met him) made the younger boy happy, so he didn't feel like it was necessary to inquire about it.

The two sat on the steps of the worn shop together, Jimin double-fisting overly fruit popsicles while Yoongi sipped on an iced tea. Summer was slowly dragging on to an end, the cool breeze blowing the older boy's fringe out of his eyes as the crisp leaves on trees shook. It was silent, but not in an awkward way, more peaceful than it had been recently.

It had been hard with Hoseok. The crippling deadline of the day Yoongi would soon leave and return home crawled closer and closer, and hung over their shoulders ominously. It was always hard to leave town and return home for the rest of the year. Leaving his grandmother and the Park family behind had always been an emotional ordeal, but this time he was also leaving a boy who had wormed his way deep into his heart. In the short span of a few months Hoseok became the light of Yoongi's life, and it was painful to imagine spending the dreary winter months alone without his sunshine.

Yoongi's grip tightened on his chilled glass of tea, chewing his bottom lip as if it were a wad of rubbery gum. Jimin noticed and combed his eyes over his friend. The younger boy knew what he was thinking so hard about, and Yoongi knew that he knew.

"He'll miss you a lot, y'know?" Jimin said, "Most of us never saw him once before you got so close with him. I think you're probably the only person that was bothered so much as to reach out and get close with him. You can tell you mean the world to Hoseok." Yoongi nodded as Jimin continued to babble on about how sickly sweet and perfect the two were, and even he could see Yoongi had changed Hoseok's character for the better.

It was reassuring to hear from someone else that he was obviously important in his boyfriend's life. All of the facts Jimin had stated Yoongi knew to be true, and he was proud of himself and Hoseok for coming so far together. People say distance makes the heart grow fonder, but would that hole true to two hormone-driven teenage boys?

Jimin grew silent as he watched his older friend maw over the details, it was best for him to deal with his emotions himself. Quickly, the young boy slurped the rest of his Popsicle up and vanished into the general store, as if he was never there in the first place.

It was silent again, not as peaceful as it was only moments before, but it was silent.

Yoongi sighed.

"I don't want to go home."

--

hello! i honestly dont remember the last time i updated this fic, but i called in sick to work today and had nothing to do (for once) so heres a quick update. :0 pls let me know if youd like me 2 finish this fic! i plan on wrapping it up in the next few chapters which hopefully wont take me another damn year to write