How to Extract Emails from Excel Spreadsheets

A lot of document developers (especially business owners) fall into situations where large amounts of simple, tedious work needs to be performed. This includes a wide range of potential problems but one of the most prevalent is the need to scour Excel spreadsheets for specific text or information. This is particularly common when large spreadsheets of information must be examined for particular information. A lot of contractors or businesses store certain records or emails as Excel spreadsheets. A general Excel template will ensure the same information is found in the same cell in each spreadsheet. While checking a spreadsheet for certain text or information is an easy task, the repetition and monotony can quickly wear on an individual.

The capacity to perform more advanced refinement is available within many word processing or spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel 2013. These abilities in Excel are known as filters. To utilize this feature, first select any cells you wish to scan and examine for text or data. Then, select the 'Data' tab in the ribbon bar at the top of the Excel window. Choose the 'Filter' option and then select 'Advanced Filter'. Then, specify 'Copy to Another Location'. This will shift all modified cells to another location in the spreadsheet. Specify where you'd like the extracted information copied to in the 'Advanced Filter' box. Finally, enter your specific character searches in the filter options fields. The refined data will appear in the selected range of cells. By inputting '@' or 'gmail' into the fields for filter options you can extract email addresses from a spreadsheet of data.

Luckily, a quick visit to http://www.hothotsoftware.com/extract_emails_from_excel_software/ to search 'Software to Extract Email Addresses from Excel Spreadsheets' will bring up a fantastic piece of software for removing email addresses from Excel spreadsheets. This software works entirely within a single window, eliminating any chance of getting confused or mixed up while using the software. This window is divided into both a top and bottom area. The top section is to enter any Excel files that you wish to search through. These files may be added in individually through the 'Add File(s)' button or the program can search for a specific file type within a folder. This means that the program can search your 'My Documents' folder to locate any Excel files that may be saved there. The bottom portion of the window will display any email addresses that are found within the loaded files. These emails are found by clicking the [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/extract_emails_from_excel_software/ 'Extract E-mails Addresses!'] button at the bottom of the window. To the bottom right of the window are several commands for search result refinement, including omittingleaving out any duplicate email addresses.

If you'd like to learn more about this software, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LDpZeo6hGo. Email addresses have become a common part of our everyday life. Keeping these addresses organized can be a confusing process for anyone. Employ this software frequently to keep your [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/extract_emails_from_excel_software/ contact list clean] and organized in an Excel file.