One

Written for ARMYsunnie and cover made by @Everybody_sNightmare

"Are you ready to record again?"

I nod and get into position, my hand on my hip as I wait for the music to play. My tan Tims surprisingly don't stick to the floor at all as I move around the studio that is run by my best friend's dad. The music is loud as it flows out of the speakers I purchased with my money from my job, my feet carrying me across the swept floor. I also work here part time, so he allows the both of us to stay here after closing.

My black leggings cling to my legs, making it easier to see the complicated dance choreography I had come up with for this song. I paired it with a loose black tank top with a red and white design on the front, a red and black flannel tied around my waist. I have my black hat on my head angled so that it covers my eyes, my white face mask covering my mouth and nose. I always wear those two particular items so that no one is able to tell who I am in my videos.

The music stops and I stop dancing as well, waiting until my best friend tells me it's over to look up. My black hair is slightly damp with sweat when I take my hat off so that I can rake my fingers through it, the little drops dripping down the side of my face by my temples.

"How was that Chris? Was it good?"

My voice is slightly muddled due to the face mask so I take it off, letting the cool air hit that part of my face as well. I watch Chris as he stares at me, my eyes trailing over his familiar figure. The nerd that he is, he is wearing his usual thick-framed glasses and suspenders in a stereotypical fashion. His dark blue skinny jeans are snug on his skinny form, his button up shirt tucked in to the hem of them. All-black converse are on his feet, them showing because of the rolled up hem of his pant legs. He doesn't have a bow tie on today, instead opting for a simple neck tie.

"You were amazing, like always" he says with a smile, bringing his phone with him. I sigh and smile contentedly, glad that I don't have to dance any more for this particular song. I have quite an extensive fan base on my YouTube channel, and I always strive to do the best that I possibly can for them. I post at least two videos of me dancing a week. They range from dance covers, to originals, to dance tutorials and the occasional video of me joking around in the studio while I practice. They seem to love watching me as I joke around and make a fool of myself.

The thing is, I never show my face or give my real name. The alias that my watchers know me by is The Girl in the Mask, or The G-I-M for short. It's not very original or clever, but it works. My real name, Tan Sunnie, is far from my stage name, so they would never guess it was me.

"Why don't you show your face now Sunnie? Your fans really want to see what you look like."

I sigh as I take a seat next to Chris, leaning into his side when he puts his arm around me.

"You know how shy I am Chris" I say quietly. "It took you two years to break me out of my shell."

I squeal when he messes up my hair, the shock causing me to scrunch up in on myself. He laughs while jokingly wiping his hand on my shirt, making me scowl at his hint to me that I am in need of a shower.

"That was in high school Sunnie; we are in college now. You have a part time job here as well as a job writing for one of the most well-known critic magazines in all of Asia. I know that you are shy and insecure, but you are gunna have to get over it at some point in time. You have fans who love and support you even without knowing what you look like. Show them your beautiful face and they will love it as much as they have grown to love your personality."