A Girl from My Dream

Though she was in a mist, smudged in orange by nearby lamp posts, I could see her clearly. Her red coat and her shoulder-length hair waving with the breeze. She gazed at a growling white feline and slightly turned her head to a man in a dark-green coat distant. The man was also staring at the beast.

Without any warning, the feline leapt forward with a roar of a destructive wave.

The girl swiftly swirled away from the damaging wave; she stopped and whirled her hands – hurling a violent torrent of air and pushed the beast feet away – it fell to the ground with a thud and shriek.

The feline pulled itself up. It was so furious that it roared as thunderous as it could. It then lunged forward, presenting the girl its sharp claws.

She reached for the beast's arm and circled her hands around it. Without even using any of her strength, she directed the momentum back to the creature. She threw the creature a great distance away.

The beast flinched; it suffered a terrible pain as it laid on the ground moaning.

For a short moment, it seemed that the girl had noticed something and she glanced behind – looking at me; her eyes were like those of a phoenix and she gifted me a honey-sweet smile...

I was started that I awoke. Feeling thirsty, I reached for a flask of water to quench my thirst. A cold stream of water rushed down into my throat. It has been a week having these recurring dream. Every dream, she would give me a smile; otherwise, greeted me. Having awoken from such a beautiful dream made me feel like wanting to sleep again.

A week dreaming of her had projected her vivid image in me. From the embroidery on her red coat, I could tell that she was from a fantasy world. She had filled me with an intense heartbeat, so fierce that I could feel that she is real.

I even told my friends about my dream, and they were horrified. No one would ever have the same dream for a week. They suspected me was under a succubus' spell and they recommended me to an exorcist. Eventually, I met the exorcist unwillingly and had received some yellow-paper talismans to ward off her. But, I never use the amulets for I believe she was a benevolent spirit.

***

She stood with her back facing me, standing next to a man in a green coat. They seemed to be waiting for something.

The cold penetrated into my bone that I felt the dream was real. The roadway where I stood felt familiar until I saw a signboard: Silicon Way. I realised I was standing distant of fifteen-minute-walk distance from my hostel.

She spoke to the man in an unfamiliar language, and the man replied in a harsh tone that she was offended. Soon, their conversation sparked to a quarrel.

Their quarrel broke by clattering footsteps; something big was approaching. The man stretched his palm wide, and a golden glow appeared on his palm. The brightness then materialised itself into a Chinese sabre, dadao. He gripped and swung the sabre swiftly; as he turned, the dadao reflected blinding light.

The footsteps stopped; an armoured samurai had appeared from the mist. He wielded a large Japanese sword – odachi.

The man gasped; so, did her. Quickly, she spoke to him but instead, he rolled his eyes. He then switched back to the samurai and spoke.

The samurai replied with a frown, and then he swung his odachi with a great force. At the same moment, the man raised his dadao, and his body emitted a golden glow; the glow soon formed into a draconic armour of gold and jade. He now looked like an elite warrior.