Chapter One

I woke up, stretching out hastily and for a long while as my alarm from my phone beeped loudly at me. I didn't feel like getting up I wanted to go back to bed and sleep for eternity, but I knew if I didn't get up soon my mom would come in and yell at me saying that I'll make her late and that I could walk myself to school since she normally gives me rides. I swing my legs off the side of my bed and turn my alarm off. I sat there thinking about how today is the day for baseball try outs. I'm a sophomore at Oliver High School and my dream is to become a professional baseball player. I'm pretty confident that'll I'll make it I've been playing since I was five and became a pitcher when I was nine and been practicing pitching since then;and I know that our JV team is in need of a good pitcher instead of Shu, all he does is walk people and "accidentally" hits them. I throw on a pair of jeans and a plain white T-Shirt with my favorite pair of converse. I get my baseball gear ready and quickly brush my hair that went just below my ears. I quickly head downstairs to grab a granola bar for on the go and brush my teeth.
"You better be ready Jackson." I hear my mom shout from the front door. I quickly rinse out my mouth and basically sprinted to the front door where I left all of my bags and stuff I needed for today.
"Yeah, I'm ready mom." I say walking out the door as she followed behind me.
"Do you have everything you need for your tryouts today?" My mom asked pulling out of our driveway.
"Yeah, I'm pretty excited." I tell her. Last year I didn't try out for baseball, my dad was in the hospital sick with cancer and it was a lot on my shoulders, it was too much for me to handle. He soon died a few weeks later after the season started, I was devastated and didn't go to school for weeks,but my mom was so strong during that time that I knew that I had to be strong to. It was really hard getting use to, I'd visit him quite often where he was buried at a near by cemetery and tell him how everyone was doing and how much I missed him. I try not to tell anyone about him because I'm afraid that they'd see me different or ask me more questions that would trigger my depression all over again.
15 minutes later my mom pulled up in the front of my school and quickly rushed me out saying she'd be late for work. I grab my things and headed towards my school taking my time enjoying the fresh morning air and how the clouds covered the sky making it a bit chilly. The wind started to pick up making my dark brown choppy hair dance around. I started to go to the guys locker room to drop of my baseball bag in the team room that was connected to rows and rows of small lockers for gym class. Walking into the small team room I accidently bumped into someone who was walking out not caring who or what was in their path, their head was down and he was wearing a cap as well as a pair of jeans and a zipped up black jacket.
     "Watch it," he hissed.
    "I..I'm sorry," I stuttered.
Trying to forget the incident I was suddenly grabbed by my wrist by the guy now past me twisting me around facing him.
    "Jackson?" He says confused.
My heart started to pound frantically. How does he know my name? Do I know him from somewhere? My thoughts were racing.
"How do you know my name?!" I attempted to sound stern.
He slowly looked up at me, starring into my eyes coldly.
"Zero?" I say my blood beginning to boil.