29

Jason Taylor

Holy shit! Did Haley Scott just admit that she likes me? Did she really just say in her soft, melodic voice, that her whole concentration will be on me? Haley mentioned a certain boy and fuck if that is not me this boy will have serious problems!

Somehow I managed it to close Haley's door and round the car to climb into the driver's seat. I glance at her just to see a blush still present on her cheeks and that is proof enough that Haley meant me.

"So tell me why you think you'll like Star Wars so much.", I want to know and try to stir the topic of conversation into a safe direction. Otherwise I would just pull over, haul Haley into my arms and kiss her.

As this thought enters my mind I tighten my grip on the steering wheel and Haley tells me: "My brother absolutely loves it, but he always watches the movies at a friends house. I know the basics, because I used to read for him and honestly I liked it a lot. But nobody ever wanted to watch it with me and the movies are kind of long to watch them just by myself."

I smile gently at her and reply: "Now you got me for that!"

Haley's answering smile lights up her whole face and I am absolutely certain that I will not be able to hold back any longer.

Fortunately we arrive at school and I park my car close to the gym. While I open Haley's door I want to know: "So tell me what happens next."

Haley climbs out of the car and replies: "Thanks. First there'll be warm ups, then the coach will want to talk with us and then the game starts."

I nod my head in understanding, close the car door and just as I am about to take Haley's hand in mine again, I find my hand already in hers.

I freeze momentarily, because Haley has never initiated holding hands with me before, but after overcoming this more than pleasant surprise I tighten my hold on her hand and smile like a complete idiot.

Haley giggles at my reaction and I really hope that she cannot see my blush.

While walking towards the gym Haley tells me about her breakfast with her friends and I immediately realize that something must have happened there, because Haley does not seem so shy around me anymore.

When we enter the gym I instantly notice how many people have come to watch and much to my dislike I realize that a lot of them are boys from our high school.

Haley seems taken aback by the crowd as well, but she just suggests: "Must be the fan club of the other team."

I shoot a death glare at anybody, who dares to look at Haley and before she goes to meet her team I pull her closer to me and kiss her forehead. Haley's face lightens up with her smile and I tell her huskily: "Good luck Hales!"

Then she enters the dressing room and I wait until I cannot see her anymore to find a seat, where I can overlook the whole court.

I try not to pay attention to the tattle of the boys, who talk about how hot the girls in their volleyball gear are. However, I have to agree with them. Haley looks really good in it. Before my thoughts are able to ger dirtier the two teams enter the gym and I immediately see Haley. She is talking with another girl and as if she could feel my stare she turns in my direction. Haley instantly notices me, smiles and waves. I goofily smile and wave back at her.

"Wow did she just wave at me?", the boy in front of me wants to know and follows Haley with his head.

"She meant me!", the one next to the first declares and I, having enough of it, lean forward and tell them bluntly: "I think my girlfriend smiled and waved at me."