Mihawk x Reader - King

(W/N) = Wolf Name

(F/M) = Female/Male

W/G) = Wolf Gender

The night sky above Kuraigana island was a deep luna blue, with a litter stars in view. No clouds, only a clear view. It was an entirely different place to the mists and ruin of Kuraigana island. It was lovely. Every night you came up to the roof of the castle to take in the view of the night. It was the calmest place in Kuraigana. The forest was infested with Humandrills and the castle had howling holo's floating from room to room. It's a wonder how Mihawk puts up with it all, especially with the green haired swordsman who gets lost walking a straight line! Though, you did sometimes cause trouble. And the reason would be (W/N), your wolf. They HATED taking baths. So, you would chase him/her around the castle for hours until you either got told off by Mihawk, or actually caught him/her. But for the rest of the time, you were a shy, quiet and 'slightly' clumsy (F/M). Which is what Mihawk loved about you. He wouldn't admit it because, well, Mihawk is Mihawk. You sigh and look down to the forest to see swirls of mist swerving in and out between the trees. You stare for a while and wonder why the mist is there, but soon shrug it off and stare back up to the sky. You start to think about the first time you met Mihawk. It was about half a year ago, on this very island. But you didn't intend to come here. It was... an accidental... navigation fail.

=== Back then ===

The sea had grown dark suddenly. And the sky, it was... grey, shadowed over by clouds. To make things worse, there was a thick amount of fog so there was no way of seeing what was around.

"Umm, (W/N), where... are we?" Your voice quivered as you looked around in fear. (W/N) checked the compass and map.

"The compass is malfunctioning and the map is of no use if we don't know where we are." Great. Stuck in the middle of an abyss of nothing, in a small boat, with no weapons what so ever. You weren't a pirate, you were just a young (F/M) who was curious of what was in the world. Sure you knew of the dangers out on the grand line, but you didn't bump into many pirates, and the ones you did bump into let you pass. 'that's a bit strange' You puzzled, but would always shrug it off as just kindness. You stayed floating in the ocean of a few more days until, by a stroke of luck, land popped up in the distance.

"Hoo-rah!" You cried out in pure happiness. you wanted to get onto land as soon as possible, being stuck in a cramped boat is pretty uncomfortable. But, when the boat hit the shore, you had second thoughts on the island. The sky was a mix of teal and purple, swirls of grey mist flooded miles of the land, the trees were all dead, and the land was all crusty and cracked.

"This, definitely isn't Enies Lobby." Nothing could be said. This place looked like a creepier version of Thriller Bark! Despite your fears of the island, you hopped out of the boat and roped it up to.... wait, there is nothing to rope it onto!

"Shit, (W/N), we need to go find some kind of log or something to attach the boat to, otherwise the boat will float away" (W/N) nodded and jumped out of the boat and up to your side. (W/G) had grabbed your backpack and you left everything else in the boat. You were worried that the boat would float away while you were gone, but there wasn't really anything valuable in the boat, the boat was the most valuable thing there. The both of you reached the edge of the shore and took your first steps onto the crusty and cracked land. It made a light tap noise as you walked along it. It was bone dry. It was like it hadn't rained for years. You decided to look back to the shore. It was completely hidden in fog.

"How are we going to find our way back in all this fog." You said under your breath but continued onwards to the dead and bony trees ahead.

...