Chapter 3

Last chapter recap

"Hi, is the Ana Steele?"

"Umm, Yes, I'm Ana Steele. Can I ask who's calling?" I haven't given my number out to many people since moving here.

" Yes, this is Nathan Trent from Sensational Publishing. How are you today?"

Oh shit.. Oh shit... Okay, Ana stay calm. Breath in than out.

Chapter 3

APOV

" I'm doing great. Just trying to get settled in Seattle again. Hope your day is going good?"

"It's going pretty good." I want to scream "You're publishing my book, right?" But I stay quiet and as calm as possible.

"Well, I'm calling because we've just finished reading over your manuscript you sent a few months ago. Can you come in today for a meeting?" OMG....

"YES.. I'm so sorry. I mean, yes I would love to come in for a meeting today at anytime that works for you."

"Alright we will see you at 1:30 Ms. Steele." We say our goodbyes and I can't keep it in any longer.

"OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYYYYYY GGGGGOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH!!! YES. Who's awesome? Ana's awesome." I'm doing my little good luck booty shack when a cough startles me.

I turn around to see Kate trying very hard to not laugh. She's seen this dance and it's never gotten better. Thank God she's never recorded it and uploaded it on YouTube, talk about embarrassing.

"What that actual fuck, Ana? You scared the shit out of me." She tries really hard to not laugh but soon she is bent over laughing her ass off.

"Ok.. I'm okay now. What has you screaming so loud you woke the apartment building?"

" I just off the phone with Sensational Publishing!! I am meeting an real editor today that is interested in my book." I do my shuffle dance again but this time Kate screams and joins in with me dancing in my room.

"I'm so proud of you Ana Steele and I knew you could get your book published." She hugs me before leaving for work.

"Okay, Anastasia Steele, get your shit together. We can and will accomplish our life goal at this meeting. You are amazing and so is your book." I give myself one final peep talk in my rearview mirror. I'm trying to get these nerves under control so I don't screw up this meeting. I tend to babble when nervous and that could ruin my potential deal.

As I walk into Sensational Publishing I take in their interior design. It has light cream colored wall. There is couches with books everywhere in the lobby.

"Hi, I'm Ana Steele, I have a 1:30 meeting with Nathan Trent." I say with as much confidence as I can while looking at the supermodel of front desk assistant. Compared to her I must look like a slob.

"Yes, Miss Steele I'll show you to his office." As we walk I decide that I need to get to know people that work here and you can never have to many acquaintance especially where you might spend a lot of your time.

"I'm sorry, I never got your name?" She blushes and says "oh"

"I'm Victoria but everyone calls me Vicky. You're here for possible book deal right?" She ask

"Yes, I'm so nervous and hope my babbling doesn't destroy my chances. See when I'm nervous I say stupid thing and.. As you can tell." She nods and chuckles

" I like you. Most of the people that come in here have a complex that they are better than anyone else because they got called for an interview. You seem really nice and I hope you get the deal." She stops walking and knocks on a red door before opening it.