Unexpected Allies

Now, we're up to date on the story and gotten just as long as on FF.net. This is the first chapter I had written in 18 months and because of that, my readers needed an apology:

Dear followers, readers, reviewers... Yes everyone who has ever read this story and more.

I know, it's a shock. I have actually updated this story after almost 18 months. It hasn't been easy, but I want to thank everyone that reviewed, telling me to continue and those who sent me a PM, telling me to practically get my head out of my ... And do something about it. Write what you love and all that kind of stuff. It took me 18 months, and I hope I haven't lost all of you, and that you'll give me a second chance. If not, then I plan to delete this story, and start all over again, maybe do things a little differently.

I have a plan for everything, and this chapter right here, took me a long time to finish. But I have a surprise for you in this chapter, which I hope you'll enjoy.

If you're still out there, please let me know, and we will get this show on the road again.

I do not own "The Hobbit" Only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

The good Lord Elrond finally reached his destination after telling his guards to wait in the woods unseen. This was something he had to do alone. But not before sending Carmella alone on this dark and dangerous journey by herself. He knew that Carmella would escape and run anyway, so he sent her along with the help of the elven magic. Making her faster and stronger for each step she took. She was a brave pony, and Neuriel needed her.

Elrond walked inside a cave in the middle of nowhere. Not that many knew about this particular place, not any outsiders anyway.

The walls and gate were covered with some kind of weed that gave it a horrible smell, to keep intruders to stay away. Their enemies couldn't stand it.

Elrond had not taken a step towards those familiar gates in over 70 years, he respected the wished of the kin living here. He had in fact, helped them seal the gate back then. By using his elven magic, Elrond sealed the gate with powerful magic with the help of Galadriel.

It was about time they came out of hiding, and Lord Elrond was determent not to leave this place until he got what he wanted, what his Neuriel needed.

Elrond touched the wall where the concealed gate was and started to mutter something elvish under his breath, and readied himself for the thing waiting for him on the other side of that wall.

***********

"I was going to give it to you. Many times I wanted to but..."

"But what, thief?" Thorin asked and Amee knew she couldn't stand back any longer. Amee stepped forward, keeping her eyes on Thorin.

"Because I asked him to never even consider giving it to you!"

The suffocating silence that followed made it possible for all of Middle Earth to hear a pin drop against the cold mountain floor. Every dwarf on that mountain looked at Amee in shock and at first; Amee didn't dare look at anyone else but Thorin and Bilbo. She also knew that she couldn't back down now.