December 21, 2012 "The End"

Before the economy meant nothing, before laws were non-existant, before I was the last person in the country, there was a land quickly falling to near extinction.

I was just a boy, a young boy with little information about the end.

Heh, it was then I found out.

The news was booming with a solar apocalypse resulting in the overuse of fuels. It was true once i walked out the door. All the snow was melting, turning into boiling water. My family was in a panic. Police ordered us to find shelter immediately. We obeyed the officer and got in our car and drove to a shelter possible of taking us to a safer place: a near airport.

Unfortunately, the car broke down a few miles away from the airport. Having no choice, I ran out of the van holding only my jacket and a sword-like item my dad made towards the airport. I regreated what I did when I came to the airport. My parents came with me, they weren't happy with what I did, and chose the only flight left: Virginia.

We got on the plane and flew from our watery state to Virginia, which after landing, was hit harder than our state. Lava was almost everywhere in the streets, the air was stale and brittle like a desert. I suggested we stayed in the abandoned factory, but they advised to stay in a place where the lava wouldn't get us: on top of a tall hotel.

Not obeying, I ran to the factory. My mother calling my name in shear sadness and my dad demanding me to come to him were the last words I have ever heard from them after that.

Once I got in there, I headed to the basement and hid. A few hours later I heard a large crash outside. I looked and saw the hotel my parents were taking shelter on fallen over. My parents were nowhere to be found. My world grew silent over all the screams and cries of terror. My parents were gone. The people that loved me the most, the people that cared for me... gone in a firey sea. I went back into the old factory and I let out the last of my sadness in that basement.