chapter 13

Yea I never went to sleep I instead watched the avengers several Tim's then got some more ideas so enjoy.

A month later-

Natasha strode up to the door of Tony's room, and knocked on it twice before standing back and waiting for it to open.

Tony flung it open, annoyed that he'd been interrupted from inventing another life-changing gadget. He brightened up slightly, when he saw who it was.

"Natasha, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Tony greeted warmly. He hadn't had much time for socializing, being busy with exams and all, but now that they were over, he was looking forward to just relaxing, although that meant more time to think of Loki.

Nat shrugged. "Just waking past and I thought I'd say hi. You gonna invite me in?"

Tony opened the door wider. "Yeah, sure. Want a drink?' He asked.

"Vodka and soda, please." She responded, sitting herself down on the couch.

Tony rolled his eyes. "The obvious choice."

She smirked. "You seem happy."

"Yeah." He nodded. "Exams are over, and I'm almost certain I aced them." He said, pouring the drink.

"What's this almost I hear?" Natasha teased, taking the drink from him.

Tony raised his shoulders. "Got to at least try to be modest."

Now it was Natasha's turn to roll her eyes.

"So how about you? How were your exams?" Tony asked.

"I think I did pretty well, no major mistakes that I can think of." She shrugged.

Tony made the most of a lapse in the conversation. "So, heard from dear old Laufeyson lately?"

She shook her head. "Not since he got back from recovering in Chicago."

Tony raised an eyebrow. Loki had been sent home to recover, so that he wouldn't be distracted. He'd arrived back to school just before his exams, so it wasn't surprising that he hadn't been seen, but Tony had at least expected Natasha to have spoken to him.

"Has he said anything to you about our last conversation?" Tony tried to ask casually, as he sat across from Natasha.

She though carefully before replying. "I got the general idea. Love me or hate me, right?"

Tony nodded. "Basically."

"Are you still waiting for him?" Natasha asked curiously.

He sighed. "I'm close to giving up. I didn't really expect anything else, I suppose. But there's always hope, no matter how much of a stubborn ass he is."

Natasha smiled softly. "Believe me, I know. Anyway, speaking of stubborn asses, I promised Barton I'd help him study, so I better be going." She said, standing up and preparing to leave.

"Of course, Clint takes priority." Tony teased with a smirk.

Natasha resisted the urge to hit him. "Shut up, Stark. See you later." She blew him a kiss and left, allowing him to get back to work.

It was 7pm, and Tony was working rather intently on his AI, when someone knocked on the door for the second time that day. Tony paused his music as he yelled out to his roommate.

"Bruce, can you get that?"

There was a muffled sigh as Bruce stood up and trudged to the door, throwing it open with a bored expression on his face.