Book Crush, Real Crush

Introduction

If in the summer of eighth grade, you'd had told me what I was to become, I wouldn't have believed you.

I, Danielle Dawkins, had then never touched a book in her life. And never intended to.

Now? It was the only thing I knew how to do.

It's funny how things can change in the space of a summer.

Questions like, "why me?" and "what did I do to deserve this?" swirled in my head. And still do.

And they're still unanswered.

I guess it proves that time can do nothing. Because, the fourteen year old me and the sixteen year old me are two different people.

And none of those people have got any answers.

I changed a lot during that summer.

I didn't see Savhanna at all. And Savhanna was my best friend.

Do catch the, "was". 

Because Savhanna changed just as much as me.

And she has new friends now.

There are times when I regret shutting Savhanna out. Like the times when people in my class whisper, and I catch the word, "weirdo", "nerd", or "freak." Sav would have been a good person to have by my side then. 

And later, when I cried, the nervously hacking sobs running though me,I needed Sav to hug me and say, "Dani, calm down, it's gonna be alright."

But Savhanna left me. And I couldn't blame her. It was my fault. That she left me, that all my other friends left me.

I shut them out.

All I have are my books.

When I read them, I feel like everything else is gone.

hey dere Cx

Ehh, Val here C: 

With a new book doe:)xx

Umm, I hope this introduction gave you a slight idea what is going on in Dem's mind. But I also hope it didn't give you too much of the plot. By the way, I finished my plot-line and chapterplannings so I'll be able to start writing STRAIGHTAWAY! In fact, as soon as I finish this A/N I will Cx

This is dedicated to Capella! She's my first Wattpad besties, so my first dedication goes to her. I love all my besties equally so I need to find a way to sort out the dedication order, and here it is!:) So, thanks for being an awesome friend and a talented writer, Capella! ily! And y'all better check out her books and fan her C: Or else...

I think I'm done here/ Bye! 

~Val Out~ *flies off*