Chapter 10

The ride home was silent. I wasn't sure if my mother had seen my encounter with Weston but I'm really hoping she didn't.

Once we got inside I start to head upstairs when she stops me.

"Alex?"

"Yeah, mom?" I say before turning around to face her.

"I just wanted to see if you are okay." She says. "You didn't say anyhting the ride home.." She gives me concerning eyes.

"Yeah, no I'm fine." I reply and she frowns.

"Please don't do that." She simply says and I give her a confusing look.

"What do you mean?"

"Shut me out. You always do.. I thought that maybe tonight we could of bonded a bit, but you just zoned out." She says and my heart aches. She was trying reach out to me and all I could focus on was a guy I'd only met.

"Alex?" My mother snaps me out of my thoughts. "I'm not presuring you to tell me anything but if you ever need to talk about anything.. I'm here." She says and I nod before she turns on her heel and starts to walk away.

"Mom, wait." I say and she turns around, her eyes glossy.

I end up telling her a lot of things I never have. I decide to leave out my recent cutting and the dream that has haunted me for the past few years.

"I don't get it. Why would Katie do that to you at the dance?" She asks and I just shake my head.

"I dunno. She just doesn't like me I guess." I lie and she nods.

Okay well I think we should both get ready for bed, yeah?" She says and I nod before I starting to head up the stairs. I'm once again stopped by my mother calling behind me.

"Alex.." She begins. "What did he say to you? Back there at the resturant.." She voice trails off and my heart starts to race as I turn around to face her.

There is a long silence and I can feel my face burning red as my mother stares at me, waiting for a response.

"Nothing, mom. It was nothing." I say and she lets out a sigh.

"Alright then. See you tomorrow." She says and turns around before stalking over to her bedroom, shutting the door, and leaving me alone on the steps.

I start to walk upstairs again until I'm turned around once again.

"Alex."

"Yes mom?" I say, a bit annoyed until I turn around to her holding out my phone to me.

"Here. The weekend is technically over and I think you deserve it back so.." She says and I smile before taking the device and giving my mother a quick hug before heading to my room.

As soon as I reach my room, I turn on my phone to be greeted by numerous missed calls from Harry. I quickly press the callback button and the phone rings a few times before a groggy voice picks up.

"Hello?" His raspy British accent making me melt.

"Hey Haz. Just got my phone back. Did I wake you?"

"Nah it's cool. How was the horrific dinner with your mum's boss?" He asks and my mind travels to..him.

Stop it. You have Harry and he makes you happy. You've only just met Weston.

"Alex?" Harry snaps me out of my trance.

"Sorry just thinking.."

"Bout what?" He asks and I look over to my bookbag by my door.