The Shakespeare Code

I will say this right now: I firmly believe Shakespeare was either a) drunk, b) on drugs, c) insane, or d) all of the above when he wrote the last half of Hamlet. Seriously. I believe it.

Anyway, Martha meets the Bard, Lilith makes a mistake, and I pull a Shakespeare! . . . er, Moffat. Both, I suppose. Those who figure out what I do, kudos. :)

Oh, and I got a new profile header that's pretty sweet.

All four of my current OCs with the lyrics of the second verse of Little Mix's song "Salute

All four of my current OCs with the lyrics of the second verse of Little Mix's song "Salute." I thought it was fitting. :) Thank you, angelanguyenn!

Enjoy "The Shakespeare Code!"

***

"But how do you travel in time?" Martha asked as she hung onto the console for dear life, the Doctor piloting the TARDIS, occasionally pointing things out for Anna. "What makes it go?"

"Oh, let's take the fun and mystery out of everything," the Doctor rolled his eyes, coaxing a giggle from his daughter, Rose rolling her eyes as she hung onto one of the coral structures. "Martha, you don't want to know. It just does. Hold on tight!"

The TARDIS screeched to a stop, sending Martha to the ground. Anna staggered around, the Doctor catching her before she fell. Rose was lucky and crashed into the captain's chair, making her laugh and spin around in the chair. "Never gets old!" she cheered.

"Blimey!" Martha gasped, sitting up. "Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing?"

"Yes," the Doctor nodded. "And I failed it."

"Why does that not surprise me?" Rose laughed.

"Now, make the most of it," the Doctor told Martha, heading for the door. "I promised you one trip, and one trip only. Outside this door, brave new world."

"Where are we?" Martha frowned.

The Doctor smirked and opened the door. "Take a look. After you."

Martha walked out, and her eyes bugged open when she took in the scruffy street, washing hanging on lines around them. "Oh, you are kidding me!" she gasped as Rose and Anna walked out next. "You are so kidding me! Oh, my God, we did it! We traveled in time! Where are we?" Before the Doctor could answer, she shook her head. "No, sorry, I got to get used to this whole new language. When are we?"

The Doctor opened his mouth, then Anna squeaked and pulled Martha back. "Look out!"

A mess of slop landed right where Martha had been, making Rose wrinkle her nose. "Ew."

"Somewhere before the invention of the toilet," the Doctor noted, grimacing. "Sorry about that."

"I've seen worse," Martha shrugged. "I've worked the late night shift A and E. But are we safe? I mean, can we move around and stuff?"